Target reticule still moving after target destroyed

If I lock a moving target, toggle the ground-moving option, and then launch on it, sometimes after the hit the now-unlocked targeting reticule will continue moving in the same direction and at the same speed as it was when it was locked onto the target. As I manually move it around, as soon as I stop giving it input, off it goes again. Nothing I do makes it stop other than re-centering or re-caging, neither of which are the least bit convenient in battle.

What dumb thing am I doing?

-Doc

[ Asus Rampage II Extreme | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz| 12GB DDR3 | 3-Way SLI (3x GTX280OC 1GB) | 300GB Raptor | SupremeFX X-Fi 7.1 audio | 1,200W Thermaltake Toughpower PSU | 30" LCD @ 2560x1600 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR 5 | CoolerMaster HFC 332 case ]

If I lock a moving target, toggle the ground-moving option, and then launch on it, sometimes after the hit the now-unlocked targeting reticule will continue moving in the same direction and at the same speed as it was when it was locked onto the target. As I manually move it around, as soon as I stop giving it input, off it goes again. Nothing I do makes it stop other than re-centering or re-caging, neither of which are the least bit convenient in battle.

What dumb thing am I doing?

-Doc

Nothing. It's supposed to be this way.

You can also use that, e.g. by just locking the ground when moving. The SHKVAL will then try to track that area. If you lock a target, it tracks that, but if it loses track, it will return to the previous mode and continue tracking with the previously noted angles and speeds.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

How can you make it stop doing it so that you can just freely hat it around looking for more targets?

[ Asus Rampage II Extreme | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz| 12GB DDR3 | 3-Way SLI (3x GTX280OC 1GB) | 300GB Raptor | SupremeFX X-Fi 7.1 audio | 1,200W Thermaltake Toughpower PSU | 30" LCD @ 2560x1600 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR 5 | CoolerMaster HFC 332 case ]

How can you make it stop doing it so that you can just freely hat it around looking for more targets?

I don't think you can, unfortunately. I've asked the same question and searched in the manual, all I could figure out to do was to lock a stationary target... which is not always available, obviously. It would be nice if you could control the "stationary" speed of the skhval, then you could slew it fast enough to lock onto a high angular speed target, like a jet or a close and fast chopper, but alas, this is also not an option.

arrogant, realism-obsessed Falcon 4 junkie

I don't think you can, unfortunately. I've asked the same question and searched in the manual, all I could figure out to do was to lock a stationary target... which is not always available, obviously. It would be nice if you could control the "stationary" speed of the skhval, then you could slew it fast enough to lock onto a high angular speed target, like a jet or a close and fast chopper, but alas, this is also not an option.

As posted above, you don't need an actual target to lock the SHKVAL. It works much like an area-lock and a target-lock. Just lock somewhere onto the ground and the SHKVAL should try to follow that point and remain stationary.

In some situations it's not enough though, so I also use the HMS and Center-SHKVAL functions to quickly aquire new targets.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

how i use it:

lock target - destroy it.

press lock again - shkval start to move

pres lock 3 time shkval stops now its in my control again..or so

sometimes its goes beserk nad have reset it and start over..

it might easier to operate in manual targeting mode then

auto targeting mode.

theirs in lots information about shkval in the pdf manual..

::ASRock 4Core1333::Intel Quad Q6600 2.4 GHZ::OCZ DDR2 Reaper HPC Edition 4 GB::Club3D 9800GT 1GB Green Edition::Acer LCD 19":: Nexus 400W::Vista Ultimate SP2::Saitek X36F & X35T Joystick::Youtube::Spider´s Channel::Suomi-Finland :-) ::

You could just hit the Backspace key to reset the targeting system after you are done with the kill...

Which is completely a bad idea if you need to engage a target near the one you just destroyed...

arrogant, realism-obsessed Falcon 4 junkie

sorry - i meant the skhavl angage (o) that i use

to get skval in control ..not locking up targets lock it , once killed i press(o) again

not lock ..locking up targets will only shorten ur laser

finder lifetime .. why it is so? the laser thingy?

Edited by Spider76

::ASRock 4Core1333::Intel Quad Q6600 2.4 GHZ::OCZ DDR2 Reaper HPC Edition 4 GB::Club3D 9800GT 1GB Green Edition::Acer LCD 19":: Nexus 400W::Vista Ultimate SP2::Saitek X36F & X35T Joystick::Youtube::Spider´s Channel::Suomi-Finland :-) ::

how i use it:

it might easier to operate in manual targeting mode then

auto targeting mode.

:shocking:

I need to re-read the manual on the Shkval again. Or do you mean auto targeting mode as in horizontal scan mode?