A new team has emerged

Hello, I am starting a new team for people under 18 that are filled with potential but cannot find a good team because of age restriction. We are a 6 pilot display team, and currently need to fill our spots. You are trying for the 2010 team, we will be training until Late March or Early April.

We don't really have a name right now.

Requirements:

Able to Saturday practice.

Game: LOMAC: Flaming Cliffs

Software: Ventrilo

Joystick: No requirements

Ping: Under 300ms from the host in Washington D.C., USA

FPS: Must be able to maintain 20 FPS through practice with all 6 of the planes.

Language: Must be able to speak fluent English.

Mod: None right now.

Flying Ability: Must be able to hold a decent formation. The rest we will settle.

Positions Available:

1-Lead

2-Right Wing

4-Slot

6-Opposing Solo

7-Narrator/Advance Pilot

8-Events Scheduler

9-Public Affairs Officer

Current Pilots/Team Members:

3-Jared "Mobius" Hulse

5-Lucas "Moskva" Ferrari

10-Duncan "Razgriz" Lee

If you would like to apply, fill out the application form and email it to our recruitment manager Duncan "Razgriz" Lee at his e-mail (Razgr1z912@gmail.com) We use the F-15C.

Thank you,

Duncan Lee

EMail:

MSN:

XFire: Razgr1z912

Update:

The solo routine is pretty much down and locked, with Razgriz (5 Lead Solo) and Moskva (6 Opposing Solo). We could use a Flight Surgeon to help evaluate us.

Edited by Razgriz
  • Like 3

I wish you guys the best of luck! It's really great to finally see something aimed at the youth in this community!

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Welcome, Mobius. Please add ferraridossantos@hotmail.com on your Messenger.

We would like to state that, even some stuff is almost ready, the team is open to changes, so that it makes flying as enjoying as possible to everyone. We might expand the team depending on how many members join.

Our intention is to be as flexible as possible. New members are welcome to give their suggestions and oppinions so that we can make it even better.

We would also like to thank GolfSierra2 and Aeroscout for the support.

Although the demonstration isn't 100% concrete, as we might make some major changes on this initial stage, one thing is: it will be a thrill :D.

Of course, suggestions from outside are also welcome.

(By the way, I'm still trying to remember how the hell my callsign became Moskva :huh:)

Edited by Lucas_From_Hell
Typing error

It would be a pleasure to do so, Diko!

Maybe when we settle down all the details (major and minor) that are left. I have to admit, we are still discussing some details regarding to the visual of the team, general style and etc.

I have no doubt that I'm the worst pilot on this team (specially when it comes to formation flying) :D. It's good, however, to have the chance of building our programme from zero, and even better when you can do it with good pilots.

I truly hope that we join someday to a flight on the "pixel skies", as you put.

Great videos, Diko!

Just a quick update: After some talking on the weekend, we changed the aircraft to the F-15C. Nothing was decided yet regarding to 3D models, but we are probably going to use one over the F-15. Just for fun (and to see how it carried out), a formation-flying training was done, with three aircraft. I wasn't surprised by my terrible formation flying, but by the fact that no mid-air collision happened, even with some warping! The only incident happened during taxi, when, because of warping, Razgriz and Mobius crashed.

Great videos, Diko!

Just a quick update: After some talking on the weekend, we changed the aircraft to the F-15C. Nothing was decided yet regarding to 3D models, but we are probably going to use one over the F-15. Just for fun (and to see how it carried out), a formation-flying training was done, with three aircraft. I wasn't surprised by my terrible formation flying, but by the fact that no mid-air collision happened, even with some warping! The only incident happened during taxi, when, because of warping, Razgriz and Mobius crashed.

I hope the incident was not so bad. But whenever you do you should secure around of you i.e nobody hurt with the act of yours.

Good to see the community developing for all ages groups included, it as great idea. I wish you the best. Would this be a better thread in the Multiplayer page? You might get a more target orientated response there? Just my 2 cents.

Well done lads.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

I hope the incident was not so bad. But whenever you do you should secure around of you i.e nobody hurt with the act of yours.

Both planes exploded :music_whistling:. It's sort of hard to watch other aircraft movements at close distances when they jump all around, make a sonic boom and go back to normal during taxii :D (by the way, it there any explanation for this problems? High ping or what?)

Deigs, thanks for the support. By the way, what multiplayer page you're talking about? I thought this forum had only 4 subforums (Mods, 3D Models, Screenshots and Videos and this one). But yes, if there is any multiplayer page, this would fit better there.

It's not a good way of seeing such things, but in real life all such things have to be face by man. Hope there will be no incident in future for you.

This one was only a light incident (altought the result wasn't that light), and it wasn't their fault at all. It was actually a bit weird. One plane went all around and made a sonic boom, then both exploded :huh:.

A more detailed explanation about it:

Razgriz has moved to the Golden Swordsmen. I only got to know this yesterday, so we are still planning what the hell we'll do.

I'm taking this forward as I can, but as we're now only two members, we will change everything (again...).

As my English is terrible (for some reason, I just can't talk right in English when I'm not looking directly to the person), we need someone that can call the maneuvers.

Mobius is having problems related to communications, reason is unknown so far, so he can't do it right now.

Now, if anyone is interested, the message that has value right now is:

We are forming an aerobatic team, no age restriction (so if you are under or over 18, or 105, it doesn't matter. Never too old/young to rock, baby :D!).

Numbers are to be decided. However, the main plan is to make a dynamic presentation. The main goal: INTERACTION.

Name wasn't defined yet, and the same is worth for colours. The airplane to be used wasn't decided either, so far. There is the possibility of using a 3D-model over the chosen Flight Model. On this field, the word is democracy. No one speaks louder than other. This ends here. Your voice will be heard, no matter if your the leader, the guy who hands the beer to the pilots after the flight or the left wing. Suggestions from outside will be heard as well, and considered the same way.

Schedules for training will be made only after we have more members. The main plan is, however, doing it on weekends. Flexibility is also a goal here, so we will try to make everyone feel comfortable.

Requirements are little, only the basic ones.

When it comes to software, the obvious: Lock On: Flaming Cliffs (patched to 1.12).

For communications, we will probably use Ventrilo or TeamSpeak, depending on the members' suggestions and opinions about it. If anyone knows something better, this will be considered too.

When it comes to flying, only one thing matter here: interest. You don't even need to know how to take-off: if you're interested in learning how to do it, you're exactly what we are looking for.

That's it. If you have this and want to join, you're in.

Callsigns/numbers, maneuvers and other major details will be set later, when we have members enough to decide this as a group.

As the presentation will be dynamic, as stated, members probably won't have a fixed role during it. Think it as a play: the actors of this show will play different roles through it. These are still to be decided by members, as we want everyone to feel comfortable with the flying you are expected to do.

The only position that might be a bit fixed is the leader, but this is only restricted to calling the maneuvers. In flying, he will also play many roles.

Number of pilots isn't set. We can have from 2 to 20 pilots flying, it doesn't matter. The demonstration will be adjusted to the number, and will be designed by all pilots.

Even language and communication format wasn't set yet. It can be the French model, the American model, the Brazillian model... It all depends on what is better for the team members.

Anyone interested, please send an email to ferraridossantos@hotmail.com. My MSN is the same, so if you need immediate response, just call.

We appreciate the attention and support you all have been giving us, and I hope we can reward you soon!

Best regards,

Lucas.

Edited by Lucas_From_Hell
Spell check; Redundancy