A newbie here please help 2 questions.

SanChez

hi, I'm thinking to buy Lock on and then Flaming Cliffs, but I was loking arouind and could not get straight information. Does people play LOCMAC Cliffs online are their servers online and Where do I play online?

Thanks in Advance.

SanChez

Newegg has it- apparently.. It lets me add it to my cart with no "out of stock" messages anyway. I haven't seen new boxes of LOMAC much of anywhere else for a long while.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832138005&Tpk=lock%20on

I would advise caution before purchasing it used unless you have no other option. There was a boatload of defective CD's released by Evolved Games, and they just let the product be sold defective instead of taking them back- leaving customers to flounder about trying to figure out how to correct the situation.. There's a fair chance that owners are selling them on ebay or whatever..

Yeah.. If you plan on doing this as a serious hobby- you'll need more than a single piece stick. But if it doesn't bother you to spend money now on a cheap Saitek Aviator or whatever- then just go get one and get started. Any of them are fine as basic starters as long as you're not using the keyboard for the flight control axis..

At some point you'll have to start all over again later on with a real 2 piece HOTAS, so my thought process is why not just do it right the first time?

Hey San Chez,

Hope it's San Antonio, Texas you are from :thumbup: if you are I'll let you know what stores you can get Lockon from,

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

At some point you'll have to start all over again later on with a real 2 piece HOTAS, so my thought process is why not just do it right the first time?

Thanks for the Info! what are HOTAS? .. and yeah I'm planning on starting slow with the cheap ones. So the Axis of the plane I supose is right, left , up and down. right?

oh! and yeah I am in San antonio, but I will buy it on Newegg , it has a good price, then I will installed flaming cliffs.. I used to play lonnng time ago Janes and I loved it!,on DOS. then I got into R6 Rainbow six.. How are the online battles in the air?.. fun? Intense?..

Thanks!

HOTAS= Hands on throttle and stick.

CH%20setup.gif

This is the most immersive & realistic way to fly. Any 2 (or 3 if you have rudders too) piece flightstick will quadruple the available programming space. Enough space to have all the critical commands ergonomically laid out at your fingertips ready to use instantly. Keyboards mean you are left to memorizing key combos and fumbling around trying to use them. Many pilots feel their aircraft to be "an extension of their bodies" That's the idea, and keyboards are not conducive to this at all..

So the Axis of the plane I supose is right, left , up and down. right?

Ehhmm.. kind of. The basic axis are Pitch, Roll, Rudder, & Thrust

Awesome!, I will look into them, on a another note but very important.. I was trying to see for the Lock on and the System requirements or atleast the minimal System requirements and could not find one.. well I found different answers and not all the same :[

I have

Asus A7V8X motherboard

AMD Athlon 2000+ 1.7 ghz

X1650 pro agp version Video card

thanks!

SanChez

Sanchez, If you go to the Bestbuy near North Star Mall just off 410 they have Lockon for $6

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Yeah.. If you plan on doing this as a serious hobby- you'll need more than a single piece stick. But if it doesn't bother you to spend money now on a cheap Saitek Aviator or whatever- then just go get one and get started. Any of them are fine as basic starters as long as you're not using the keyboard for the flight control axis..

Yeah I think thats a great idea, I finaly made my decision and order my copy from newegg, I feel confident I did the right choice to get my brain working learning something new. So I agree with doing it rightt he first time, so what will you guys recomend for a good stick with the extra I believe trust controls, with out the pedals yet?. I've seen some from Seitek but any pointers.. so I can compare and stuff?.. Thanks again and that will be it untill I get my copy and start the trainings..

Thanks,

SanChez

I was trying to see for the Lock on and the System requirements or atleast the minimal System requirements and could not find one.. well I found different answers and not all the same :[

I have

Asus A7V8X motherboard

AMD Athlon 2000+ 1.7 ghz

agp version Video card

thanks!

SanChez

I would say you should start Lockon with all settings on "LOW" and then turn one feature after another up

a notch and look how it runs, cause Lockon is really CPU demanding.

Things like "Heatblur", "Mirrors" and "Vis Range" are real FPS killers

By pressing " Ctrl. - Backspace " in game, you can see your FPS in the upper right corner.

• 2 weeks later...