ABRIS Viewing

Soundman

Hi guys,

I'm a simmer at heart, mostly jets and subs to this point, but this is a first for copters. So far so good. Hope you can point me the right direction here.....

The manual is vague on navigating between the different cockpit views. I printed out the keyboard shortcuts, but so far haven't been able to get what I'm looking for. That would be a close in, centered view, of the ABRIS. I would have thought there would be shortcuts for close in views for most of the instuments. In the training mission, there is a close up view, and that's kinda what I'd like to pull up. Sorry if I've missed the obvious, but would appreciate some help here. Thanks in advance.

Asus P6T Deluxe - I7 960 - Win7 64 - 6 Gigs Kingston HyperX Memory DDR3/1800MHz - Kingston SSD (solid state drive) - Radeon HD 5870

If you use your mouse to control view (Alt-C), just point your view to the ABRIS, then use your mouse scroll wheel to zoom in.

If you use a product like FreeTrack, TrackIR and suchlike it is possible that they would struggle with the mouse for control of the view though, but generally speaking I never zoom in on the abris very far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Aw crap! :doh: I figured it would be somthing simple. That sounds like a handy way of viewing instuments. Thanks for the tips guys, you just saved me a bunch of time and frustration. :thumbup::D

Asus P6T Deluxe - I7 960 - Win7 64 - 6 Gigs Kingston HyperX Memory DDR3/1800MHz - Kingston SSD (solid state drive) - Radeon HD 5870

One thing i like to do is bring the hud viewer down and center on my target with trackir (I have the track ir switch into precision mode when i bring the hud down), then slave the skval over to where i'm looking/targeting and use the joystick hat to fine tune it. I think thats about the closest to how its actually done in the ac you can get. An AH-64A works rather similar to this as well. Really helps having a HOTAS with the buttons mapped so you can just hit a few switches instead of looking over at the keyboard. If you set up your trackir/freetrack right, you can make the up/down axis more sensitive and the fwd back axis more sensitive to where you can drop your head down and close in to see the skval/abris better when you want to look at it. I also use a button on my mouse to lock the view when I slew my head to a good position. Helps not to get too close to the skval when viewing it to not still see your vsi indicator.

Edited by driver7408

• 11 months later...