.exe wont start ( 0xc000001d ) error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME

Hey, Hello, my name is tom, i HAD fully 1.0.1c version of DCS: Black Shark Ka-50, This was on windows vista ( my previous computer ), now i have windows7 and it WAS working in the begin when i had windows7 but now it wont work any more it give's the error: The application failed to initialize properly(0xc000001d). I am really frustating and want play DCSBS. I never did anything or something, is there any 1 who can help me fix this stupid problem?

PC specs ( Doesn't care about this error )

Win7 Ulti 6.1 build 7600

Intel Core2Quad CPU 2.33 ghz ( x4 )

4gb Ram

ATI Radeon HD 3850 ( 1 gb )

( Dont talk about my stupid ATI card ) Because it is nothing with the error ) haha Thx in advance for helping me getting out of this problem

Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Problem Reports and Solutions > View Problem History

Find the dcs.exe or launcher.exe (depending on where the problem arose) and copy the details in here.

Also, a DxDiag output file would help us correlate possible causes, information on how to obtain and attach that can be found here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44466

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Oh, yeah, do note that the route I wrote there is for Vista, and not using "Classic" Control Panel setting. I do not have a 7 machine available to doublecheck the route there, but it should be something similar.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hey i am done. But when i start the problem, than i click on the view history problems, But first: DCS.exe is not in there ( only some AERO problems )

Second: Before the "view history" thing, ( I mean when you have pressed the problems and solutions at Control Panel. i can also press "Start a program what was working at a older version of windows" When i do that, and search the DCS.exe Than he dont gives the error anymore, but than protect.exe start and ask the activation key?

Hm.

When exactly did the issue occur? Were you loading the menu, or actually loading a flight? If you were loading the menu, or were in the menu, then it is launcher.exe you would be looking for, not dcs.exe.

I'll see if I can track down that error code.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'd really want you to perform a DxDiag and attach the output file here. Direction is the previously linked thread ("Help us help you", a sticky in this forum section). Most circumstances where I see that error code crop up seem to be related to registry errors in windows, which might mean that you may have a serious problem growing in your windows install.

Requests for a new activation might be further indication of a troublesome windows registry, and if we are lucky DxDiag might be able (but it's not guaranteed) to point to it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hmmm. Oke i start:

( I do now talk about 1.0 )

Ok, in the main DCSBS directory ( programfiles/eagledynamics/ka-50 )

There is the "Multiplayer.bat" and in bin/stable i found the "DCS.exe"

Those 2 are connected with the shortcuts on the desktop ( as normally )

In bin/stable is also the "launcher.exe" When i click on it, it gives the error: "/blackshark/blackshark.lua no such or file directory"

Now my answer on your question:

When i start the Yellow shortcut ( DCS.exe i think ) than, it just loads the menu, after click as preview: Instant action "( to test ), Than it will ofcourse toto desktop and normally he would start now a new window with the flight, but now it gives the big-error.

When i start the blue shortcut ( Multiplayer.bat i think ) than, he will gives immetiadly give the big error. So really strange man,

( sorry, i am from holland, i have strange english, thank for helping me ur great man )

Ah. Unfortunately I'm not currently on a machine that even runs DirectX, so I can't help you currently. (I would have made a picture series, since they say pictures say a thousand words. :)

Basically though, since you will have DirectX installed, you would press your windows start button, then find the search or "run" function, where you would type DxDiag. I believe you can also search for a DxDiag.exe file through regular file search, though I'm not sure. As mentioned, I'm currently not on a computer where I can test that. :( But from memory that's how it is. That program will then run a series of diagnostics tests and display a window that is divided into tabs for audio, display etcetera. There will also be a "notes" field where it might caution you about registry issues.

There will be a button that offers to save the results of the check to hard drive. This will be a regular text file, usually named something like "dxdiag.txt". This will include an analysis of your computer, it's drivers, and registry. It is not guaranteed to find issues like that, but it's a good place to start (and the hardware/driver summary is good for letting us look it over and see if we can correlate any of it to a known issue instead of constantly asking questions here).

You would then note where that DxDiag.txt file is located on your harddrive, and then make a response here. Press "go advanced" under the quick reply box, and find the paperclip icon. This will open a new window where you can press a button to browse for and select that text file. You then upload that and post your response, and the text file will be attached to that response.

I'll also see if I can find someone that speeks dutch to see if they can help you or, if nothing else, help translate things.

I'll try to make a picture guide as well, once I get home, but that might not be until late evening your time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Here it is. the DxDiag.txt? is this enough? must i upload it somewhere else? what i must do man? Oh and the /temp files, i cant upload the error.log, but there is nothing inside, so this is the only thing i upload: DxDiag.txt

Thx in advance i am also trying now, chkdsk :c /f

DxDiag.txt

In bin/stable is also the "launcher.exe" When i click on it, it gives the error: "/blackshark/blackshark.lua no such or file directory"

This is normal. It is because the executables are in the bin directory, but the filetree requires that they be run in another directory. The standard shortcuts installed by the installer have those settings.

When i start the Yellow shortcut ( DCS.exe i think ) than, it just loads the menu, after click as preview: Instant action "( to test ), Than it will ofcourse toto desktop and normally he would start now a new window with the flight, but now it gives the big-error.

When i start the blue shortcut ( Multiplayer.bat i think ) than, he will gives immetiadly give the big error. So really strange man,

This means that the error occurs when loading dcs.exe, not launcher.exe. THe multiplayer interface loads dcs.exe directly, while singplayer first loads launcher.exe which contains the GUI, and when a mission is started it unloads the GUI completely to save computer resources and calls dcs.exe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yep, the DxDiag came up well - you posted it while I was typing. Nothing looked immediately out of place, but I'll call the attention of a person who is better at analyzing these kinds of things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Really thanks you man, I really appricate your fast reply's and good/understandably text :P

I hope u have a fix, and the "good analysing person" :P

Hope will fixed this, and it is strange, because i am like the only one with this error :P tryed much things, wihout succes, Of course to come out of this trouble i can reinstall Windows but, i have this now for 2 months, and its good now, Thx, in advance again :) :)

Okai, let's start with some summary;

- Launcher.exe (the menu system) seems to be working.

- DCS.exe not working? It also requires Starforce to complete it's job before it can continue to load.

- You get a "0xC000001D" wish is

0xC000001D STATUS_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION : {EXCEPTION} Illegal Instruction. An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.

And your DxDiag looks quite good - I couldn't see anything that I would investigate there.

Sound OK, Graphics OK, system CPU and speed ok, memory looks ok.

So I would start to suspect that it is DCS and Starforce that isn't able to complete the task they need to complete.

- You should be using DCS 1.0.1c now

- Make sure you have NO MODS for DCS when starting it (I dont know if you have instaleld such yet, I hope not)

- And you are using a English DCS? WIth the English Patches?

Questions/Tasks for you:

1. Do you have any Event Viewer, Application Events - in the time you fail to start DCS?

2. Can you also copy the Ka-50\Temp\ERROR.LOG, Attach it or post the content here, please.

Now if DCS have these problems, it may be due to permissions (or antivirus/protection).

Tests:

Here's some thing you can try (and report back success / no change);

- Run DCS with "Run as Administrator" (Rightclick DCS-Icon, then Run As..)

- Disable any Antivirus/Protection software + DCS "Run As Administrator".

- Install DCS to C:\Games\DCS or D:\Games\DCS and test again (remember 1.0.1c).

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Hey, thanks for you reply

First: I have the 0xc000001d error but not "illegal instructioin" or something :P

K, When i start the SIngleplayer ( Yellow Shortcut ), then the menu just loads. Options everything is allright, When i press for test: "Instant action" ( So i have the english version BTW" ) Than DCS.exe will start ( The flight ) but gives the error 0xc000001d i cant translate the fully error, so i uploaded a printscreen. Ok, when i start the Blue shortcut ( Multiplayer ) then, if will give immediatly the error.

I dont using 1.0.1c now,? i just install the first game, patches come later :P

i have reinstalled it now for 10000 times but i have English version

What i am gonna do is:

Install First gamepatch to c/games/Eaglydynamics

Disable all control software and virus controllers and stuff,

Rightclick Run as admin,

I will post new over 1 hour

Thx, Oh and BTW: There is no content in my ../temp/error.log :P

I am so really disapointing, i have played this for a long time, and it just ain't working anymore......... i have try out now so many things, i have take so much time in it, i really wonder if it CAN be work anymore on my Computer

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Ok, i am back again, I installed in c/Games/DCS :P

but of course it ain't working, but thank to you guys who helped, me, I give it up i think, i really like this game and played it very much, I love the service, and you guys agian much thanks trying to helping me, I cant do anything more, my pc is ****ed up by DCS dont know how, i just WAS working, tryed so much things,

So here the Question: Will there ever come a DCS: Apache Ah-64D?

FOR EVERYBODY WHO HELPED ME:

thanks very much for all the guys it was a great game, best simulator every, be. i had much sims, this one was 100% greatest, :(

Greetz, tom,