3rd deployment mission...

so...even though I managed to do this somehow...basically you just fly high enough into the fog and pray you don't smash into a mountain from waypoint 2 to 3?

which altitude meter gives you a read from ground beneath you and your heli?

You should use the radar altimeter (RAlt), it works from 0 to 300 meter above ground. If using ALT-HOLD, the autopilot must then use radar altimeter, too. Use LCtrl-X to toggle between barometric and radar altimeter.

The radar altimeter is located left to the IAS gauge and above rotor RPM gauge. If it exceeds 300m, you will see a red flag. In the HUD, a suffix 'p' shows that the RAlt is used.

Edited by bfeld

You should use the radar altimeter (RAlt), it works from 0 to 300 meter above ground. If using ALT-HOLD, the autopilot must then use radar altimeter, too. Use LCtrl-X to toggle between barometric and radar altimeter.

Doesn't the KA-50 do this automatically; I've never had to change between the two modes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Actually you check the highest peak, fly above that, and no praying required.

In addition, the fine manual explains every instrument in the chopper in detail ;)

so...even though I managed to do this somehow...basically you just fly high enough into the fog and pray you don't smash into a mountain from waypoint 2 to 3?

which altitude meter gives you a read from ground beneath you and your heli?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Doesn't the KA-50 do this automatically; I've never had to change between the two modes.

I thought for the autopilot channel ALT-HOLD you have to select the source, not 100% sure though. Maybe the switch is just to force barometric sensor below 300m?!

Edited by bfeld

You can check in ABRIS as well. I suggest doing a search in the PDF manual to find pages of interest, then you can read them from the printed ones.

Although I suggest even more to just read the manual and do the training available for you.

thanks so the external map will show me peak altitudes?

I still need to really go through the manual...I have the whole printed out and bound...havent had time yet...this spring break perhaps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Is there a version of the manual that references the English cockpit and not the Russian one? That's what I find most infuriating about the English manual, it takes a huge amount of time to cross correllate between the manual using the Russian cockpit and the English cockpit in front of you, just so you can figure out what the "Ψ:Z/T/Sпм" button is. I'm guessing alot more people would read the manual if it was actually referencing the English cockpit (and was better written and organized, for that matter).

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

English cockpit of a russian aircraft?

You make me sad. :(

Besides, when studying a specific system, it's not exactly hard to correlate positions even when struggling with that language barrier. Just learn the systems one at a time, and if you are using the english cockpit textures, keep an eye on where they are. If you actually learn the systems properly you don't need to make that difference anyway since you'll understand the english tags anyhow.

Besides, in this specific case it would be as simple as asking the question "radar altimeter"... What is that? Then check in the manual and whoa - it's both there in the analog dial AND on the HUD! ;)

...then of course there's the option of just checking the map for navigation, something that is, well... obvious. You don't fly into adverse weather without checking your map properly. You just don't. If you are unsure you either don't go there or you check your map so you can do a safe IFR.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester