LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2 (English download version)

itv5

Dear Eagle Dynamics Customer Support,

Log-in name: itv5

Order number: TXNR9QNOV2ZDIVO9WA

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

I have sent an identical e-mail tosupport@lockon.ru, on the 18th April but unfortunately I haven't had any reply.

I presently have your Lock-On Gold and Black Shark installed on my PC, and when Lock-On 2 recently became available I decided to purchase it from your website.

After my purchase and receiving a confirmation of my purchase from you by e-mail, I down loaded three files, 1, Setup.exe 2, Setup-1.bin 3, Setup-2.bin. However, after downloading and saving them in the default downloads folder I am unable to run or install Lock-On 2.

The Information Box I keep on receiving each time that I try and run the Setup.exe file states "Please insert Disk 1 and click OK. If the files on the disk can be found in a folder other than the one displayed below, enter the correct path or click Browse, Path: C:\Users\Phil\Downloads".

I then select OK and a Error box appears stating " The file "Setup-1.bin" could not be located in "C:\Users\Phil\Downloads" Please insert the correct disk or select another folder.

I will be very grateful for any help/advice anyone can offer to enable me to soon start playing the much awaited Lock-On 2.

Kind regards,

itv5

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

You appear to be having the same issue as the user in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52829

Could you see if the resolutions proposed there work for you as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Screenshot of the files please, perhaps you got duplicates and in this case Windows renames them (like renaming Setup-1.bin to Setup-1(1).bin or something like that).

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Thanks EtherealN and Distiler for your much appreciated help with my post!!

I followed on to the link that you supplied and I have now mannaged to get FC 2 up and flying, I've only been looking and flying FC 2 for about an hour but WOW what a huge improvement on FC 1 (even though I thought, and still do think that FC 1 was/is good) the graphics, sounds, fire and explosions, AI and the aircraft panels, avionics, handling and the scenery etc are brilliant.

The reason that I couldn't install FC 2 was because of the lack of official download and install instructions on the LockOn website, when I downloaded the 3 files and tried to run and install them and had probs, I thought that there must have been a download/corruption issue, so I would try re downloading the files again, and now, as Distiler pointed out that was where the problems began, anyway... Thanks again for your help.

Depends on what kind "trouble" you have? Please be more specific about your problem.

- File's wont start download?

- Files start to download, but incomplete?

- Completed download, but when you doubleclick Setup.exe some error is presented?

Or did you try to "run" the files when the download started? Don't :)

Because you must use "save as" and save them to a folder.

Then *only* when all 3 are downloaded completly, you can Start the SETUP.EXE

The *.bin files are data-files, so you should not attempt to start them.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning