Help... please

VGE_Viper

Hey this is Viper from the Virtual Golden Eagles. I just got LOMAC FC2 today, and when i went to test it out in a quick flight the game seemed really laggy. I know i don't have a good cpu for it, but i run LOMAC FC1 perfect on it, and it's smooth. Is there anyway to boost up the FPS or something? If so please replay back thanks.

Viper

I hope you didn't tried to fly Su-25T with Shkval active... This is a known issue!

In general if you experiencing stuttering you should decrease view distance(which makes the game more realistic) by tweaking graphics.cfg.

You should describe your problem and your hardware in more detail for us to understand what is going on.

I'm running FSX, LOMAC FC1, and FC2 on my laptop. I fly smooth on my laptop with FC1, and FSX. When i get ready to fly on FC2 inside the game it's very laggy to me. It seems like i'm getting 1 FPS. I try to edit the CFG, and it seems like nothing happened. I know this is a new game, so it's going to need more system requirements, but is there someway to make it a little bit frame friendly.

Also the hints here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=868858&postcount=3

Game related, FPS troubleshooting

- Be sure you're not using any tools that may be affecting the game performance (Fraps / TacView Recording).

- Prepatch: Check this thread regarding optimizing TVM/Shkval: Low fps while using MFD with Mavericks etc need tips in post 46

Also: FC2 FPS Tweaks/MODS thread

Also: Frazers Tweaking Guide Alpha for DCS Blackshark (same engine as FC2)

- Close your Firefox browser! It causes FPS loss.

Or here as well, a bit of reading: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52105

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

If you don't know your CPU type, please see this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52089

In there there are some directions on getting a DxDiag output file, this will give most information needed to analyze your system to see where we might want to look for a solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Is it this type?

244800070_5a22233981.jpg

I think you got a switch where it says turbo - you may try that, you should get double clock speed - 8 or 12 mhz I think.

Ha and its a color screen. Theres a new input device out soon too, I think they call it a mice or mouse or something like that.

PS is that you at work??

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

It seems like when you do a quick flight, then thats laggy in there, but when you make your own game, or join a game it runs alot smoother. Now i have a problem, my whole cockpit it inviable/black, and also is there a way to turn off shadows?

Viper, I dont mean to come across as grumpy - but did you read any of the previous posts, bud? :)

Page 11 of Frazers tweakguide - there's your answer.

And maybe if you respond to some of the posts you may get some extra hints that is specific for you ;)

["shadows"] = 2,

Shadows are also famous FPS killers. The OFF option is hidden in the game options. For older systems it would be best to put shadows off. For any other system I would strongly recommend to put shadows at Active Planar (1). Cities are the biggest FPS killers and brings every system on its knees, imagine giving all those buildings shadows.

0 = Off

1 = Active Planar (aircraft ground shadow)

2 = All Planar (aircraft ground shadow + building shadow)

3 = Full (aircraft ground shadow + building shadow + "self" shadow on aircraft)

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Viper, I'll answer you here instead of the PM - it's better since someone else might find the answer they look for in a thread like this.

1. Now if you want to edit your files, be sure to use a compatible Editor, like Notepad++. The regular Notepad may break FC2/DCS files.

- Download page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/files/

- Look for the npp.5.6.8.Installer.exe

2. Look for the options.lua in the FC2\Blackshark\data\scripts folder (it's explained on p.9 of frazers guide as Ka-50).

3. Make a BACKUP - copy of your file before editing. Always! :)

4. Open the options.lua with Notepad PlusPlus and look for this part:

["graphics"] =

{

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 0,

["scenes"] = "medium",

["water"] = 2,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["visibRange"] = "Medium",

["aspect"] = 1.6,

["textures"] = 1,

["shadows"] = 2,

["effects"] = 3,

["width"] = 1680,

["lights"] = 2,

["height"] = 1050,

["civTraffic"] = 0,

["resolution"] = "1680x1050",

["haze"] = 1,

Change it to ["shadows"] = 0,

And oh, while you're at it - test with Water at 1 or 0.

5. then save the file.

Edited by Panzertard

Some people just don't want to advance and spend a little money to keep up they try to push every bit of diode and resistor and clock CPU speed out of their old system.. Need more lithium trilithemcrystel Captain.

244800070_5a22233981.jpg

Ha and its a color screen. Theres a new input device out soon too, I think they call it a mice or mouse or something like that.

PS is that you at work??

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill 
" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690 MPG DDR4 || i9-14900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4080S|Game1300w|Win11| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2||MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Asus||

Some people just don't want to advance and spend a little money to keep up they try to push every bit of diode and resistor and clock CPU speed out of their old system.. Need more lithium trilithemcrystel Captain.

244800070_5a22233981.jpg

He's using a laptop. Drag that puppy on to your knees.

P.S. Hope your got good bones. :doh:

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

I'm running FSX, LOMAC FC1, and FC2 on my laptop. I fly smooth on my laptop with FC1, and FSX. When i get ready to fly on FC2 inside the game it's very laggy to me. It seems like i'm getting 1 FPS. I try to edit the CFG, and it seems like nothing happened. I know this is a new game, so it's going to need more system requirements, but is there someway to make it a little bit frame friendly.

Viper, any news on your progress, bud?