Cockpit Camera always starts looking down

fzfq3m

Hi

I just installed a second vga card for adding two 17" monitor to my setup... I backep up options.lua (from virtualstore) and created a new file (mymonitorsetuo.lua) in ../config/multimonitor then I modified accordly to have Shkval at 1280x1024 on second monitor and ABRIS at 1024x1080 on third monitor, main monitor is at 1920x1080...

My problem is that now black shark starts with cockpit camera looking donw and slyghtly left always... and even worse: The camera won't move automatically when playing training missions:helpsmilie:

I have no problem with this on normal missions cause I just need to move the camera were i want it but in training missions camera won't move until I take control...

I've tried torestore options.lua and even removing the second vga without any look??:cry:

How can i restore default camera behavior??

Regards

Compuer Specs

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @2.6Ghz

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

6GB Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

2xHP 300GB 10K SAS RAID 1

Corsair AX1200

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3GB

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

2xSwiftech MCP655 with EK D5 Dual Top

1xBlack Ice GT S 360 XFlow

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Tubing:Tygon 2001 1/2"

2xBitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm

Swiftech MCres Rev1

I've got to format my computer and install a fresh copy of both OS and Black Shark...

So far all is working as is should, even multimonitor setup is working. I haven't configured my X52 Pro profile yet (I forgot to back it up before formating :music_whistling:) but I hope it won't cause me any problem.

Compuer Specs

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

Corsair AX1200

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Swiftech MCres Rev1

Interesting - yet scary - that two installations can differ that way.

But still, we're talking about computers, users, Windows, and lifecycle. :)

Cheers for keeping us updated. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Well so far I identified some differences

1.- Previous installation was using Windows 7 RC (Build 7100) and current installation is under retail Windows 7 (build 7600)...

2.- I haven't noticed until now but in my previous BS settings the option "Use this options in all missions" was check... in current settings that option is unchecked by default

3.- In previous BS installation I got FreeTrack configured with Wiimote, and the fix for Trackir library (the fix where specific trackir library needs to be replaced by an old one)

4.- Previously I was using FreeTrack to control cockpit camera but my wiimote just died and I needed to map one of my X52's POV ministick to control camera until I replace my Wiimote...

I'm guessing that the odd camera behavior has something to do with maping the POV using Saitek SST instead of mapping it inside of BB itself.... I must note that in BS I just got Pitch/Bank/Rudder axis mapped an used Saitek's SST profile to map everything else... that worked fine until I added second vga and mapped the POV

I will continue trying to see if I can reproduce my mistake

Regards

Compuer Specs

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

Corsair AX1200

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Swiftech MCres Rev1

Interesting, BS doesn't like to run with high settings (in game) and 16xQ AA (forced in Forceware driver)... Launcher.exe works fine but when dcs.exe starts it create two windows and then both of them stops responding, after a while the OS (Win 7 x64) automatically terminates dcs.exe and the game returns to the launcher showing the mission statics...

I was thinking that at such high settings (both in game and driver) wil just cause a awful fps loss but the above behavior is odd... maybe that my Core i7 920 or my 9800GTX can handle this config and the FPS is low enough that the OS "think" that dcs.exe stops responding?? or may be dcs.exe is simply to busy to answer OS calls!!!

This same issue occurs when I try to run BS with my multi monitor setup at fullscreen, but this is a well known issue AFAIK

Anyway I'm just thinking a loud

Edited by fzfq3m

Compuer Specs

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

Corsair AX1200

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS