trouble zooming out when using trackir

krisMedicine

Can anyone tell me how to zoom out in cockpit view when using trackir. I'm flying with my nose up on the HUD and the keyboard mappings for zooming in and out won't work whilst trackir is running. It's ruining an otherwise mind scrambling experience. I've had an hour on the forum lookin about cos i'm sure i found something related the otherday. BUt once again my failure to use the bookmark button is making me pay. I'm sure this must be a common problem.

yours hopefully

kMedicne

I don't understand: you CAN zoom in, but you CAN'T zoom out?

Have you assigned the proper track ir axis in the game options? (axis Z i think).

About the key command not working, it's strange, I use it all the time together with track ir. Have you tried changing keys?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

• 2 weeks later...

Go into options, controls, select axis commands in the drop down menu for the aircraft you will be flying/setting up, (with trackir running before hand) move the slider at the bottom to the right to reveal the trackir set-up column. This got me too, when I reinstalled. It was interfering with my programmed button controlled zoom. Zoom should be set to trackir Z I had to clear my assignment to prevent my trackir from zooming. I'd rather zoom manually with a button. It created a conflict and it wouldn't work at all.(buttons) Hope that helps. If this is already set, check that the zoom commands are not also assigned to the joystick causing a conflict. That was the only way I could fix mine. BlackShark works with both, (no conflicts) but it's a true 6 DOF pit, the Z axis is set to absoute longitude camera view in BS. If i want to really zoom in/out to read a dial etc I can with the throttle hat.

Edited by digitaljjd

• 1 month later...