Steam BS deactivated an already installed BS?

kam

The title isn't meant to be a sensationalist one, for the record I have no issues with Steam, FC, BS, Starforce etc...

I've had a downloaded copy installed on an SSD for a while, then purchased Black Shark on Steam for convenience and to see if there was any noticeable difference between having it installed on an SSD vs having it installed on a mechanical disk. The SSD install was in C:\Games, the Steam install was in F:\Games\Steam.

I was running low on disk space so I deleted Black Shark from within Steam, but now I try to run the install on the SSD it wants to be activated again? I cant think of any reason why I would have deactivated it so Im quite sure I didn't manually deactivate it. I did download and play one of the new training videos from the website, and noticed it didn't ask me which copy to install in, it just installed to the Steam version so maybe some registry keys were overwritten?

Either way Im not crying over losing an activation. Maybe the issue was on my side. Maybe it isn't so Im letting you know!

Edit: Strange thing is, I got this box after putting my serial number in, if its already activated where is the problem? I selected 'No' and its done something, the Black Shark can be flown now, with a non-funcional X-45 throttle and spiky joystick inputs!

halp.jpg

Edited by kam
more info

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

My suspicion is that deleting the Steam install removed the registry entries for Black Shark, thereby fooling the "standard" install that it was not activated.

Activating on that key again would then cause the window you have there to be shown, since it will then contact the server to activate and be told by the server that your key is already all set up for your hardware code. If this is the case you should not have lost any activations at all. Just a fluke in how the system has to operate.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes it must have overwritten the registry keys during install then deleted them on uninstall; since I cant install the training videos now "DCS: Black Shark not found! Installation interrupted!"

Reinstall time!

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble