Another g940 BS question

metalnwood

I currently play with a ch flightstick. I like it a lot, it's mostly used for IL2.

I don't like it for BS, I just don't get the trim system working all the time how I know it should. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes not, so it really takes something away from the game.

I can get a 940 setup for reasonably cheap at the moment and was wondering if I would enjoy the game a lot more with this stick. I know it has had problems, it will not be my main stick in the future but would I really appreciate it for BS over the CH and constant trimming niggles I get with a non FFB stick?

Again, I won't be using it for anything else (unless I really like it or course) and money is not a bigger issue than enjoyment of the game.

Thanks.

If only CH would make a force feedback stick of a similar standard to their current spring sticks, they could charge a thousand dollars and it would still sell like hotcakes.

Thats not really helpful I know.... I haven't tried black shark on a spring stick so can't compare, I think you will be mighty disappointed with the g940 its really not that great in many ways, however there isnt exactly and abundance of force feedback sticks around and sad to say it might well be the best option for black shark.

I've said it before in another thread - the fact that you have to recenter your pedals whenever you trim means that although your stick will stay in the right spot, it is still (IMO) incredibly frustrating dealing with the fact that your feet in game are not representative of where your feet are on the pedals IRL.

Until there is a way to stop Trim affecting the rudder (having to press an additional key to properly recenter your feet is not a real solution), your trimming niggles will just be transferred from your hands to your feet.

I might be coordinated enough to manage just the pedals. As it is I look like I am having a spasm (as well as feeling like it) trying to get my feet and hand off the stick at the same time in the short time I need to. Of course it doesn't always work and the hand jumps back to the stick to recover nose dive. Oh beware of trimming at low altitude like this. For me anyway

I picked one up to try out. No doubt this is easier to fly with than my CH fighterstick, purely because of the FFB trim function.

I followed another thread and jumped straight to the end to figure out what the current favorite settings are and used those. I can fly the thing a lot easier now and the trim work around seems like a real bi*** on non FFB in comparison.

Apart from the throttle I don't like it in preference to my CH gear for IL2 and still cannot wait to get my hands on the new thrustmaster warthog.

In answering my own question though, yes the FFB is bloody nice for BS. Whatever problems people feel the g940 has as an all rounder if you have the $$ it seems nice to have for this game alone.