Upgrading to Win7 64 bit

If you have the money, sure.

If I don't have the money, I don't buy it. Simple.:smoke:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

:no: Not at all, it was a professional discount. I'm strictly legit with my software purchases. Keeps life simple.

Its cool dude ;) personally I dont care who has what and where they got it from, it aint none of my business.

I just thought that I would pass on the story about the technet clampdown is all.

My advice would be, (with x64), to ignore game installers default predilection with installing everything in C:\Program Files (x86)\.

There are permissions issues in win7 with that folder sometimes if the software doesn’t follow strict MS guidelines, (Freefalcon, TrackIR, Foxy, etc).

I would therefore create a separate C:\Games folder for all game related installs.

You will have an easier life!

As for OEM vs. Retail. Sure the EULA states that on OEM you can only have a few upgrades then you have to phone MS to allow you to activate again. I’ve done it loads of times. Just say, “My PC died”. They can’t argue with that. Dumb EULA anyway IMO. Again, retail will give you an easier life, (and a few less phone calls to Inda), and your wallet will be lighter ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals