head position

GRoss

Just wondering if it's in the correct spot by the default? Since it seems awfully close to the front panel and makes the whole view very claustrophobic :cry:

What I have, by default in the game is similar to this: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/img/technology/A10C/HUD-1.jpg

And what I would expect is something like this (don't worry that its a different cockpit):

http://www.abacuspub.com/wbe/A-10%20Cockpit.jpg

Now, I understand that it is very easy to just move the view back (using trackIR 5), but that removes half the HUD, which is a big problem.

So what I'm trying to find out if this http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/img/technology/A10C/HUD-1.jpg is similar to what a real pilot would see and if it is, I'm going to suck it up and enjoy the sim, knowing that that's the way it should be :music_whistling:

• 4 weeks later...

The U in HUD means UP, the pilot will be looking directly at the HUD, he won't see that much inside the cockpit. To look at the dials he should pan his head down. The default view in the game is way off, the pilot is looking very low, you hardly see anything outside the cockpit, for a CAS aircraft this is wrong, looking outside and the HUD are the primary view points, looking inside are sceondary to check NAV, weapons, etc.

I don't believe the pic you show will be the final head position for the full release, if it is I would be shocked, it simply doesn't look right or function properly.

Changing the default to a wider FOV will make the MFD text and symbols too hard to read unless you have one of these 30' display with 2560×1600 resolution. I'm playing in a 23' in 1920x1080 on 4xMSAA, and any wider makes things on the MFD too small.

I spend most of the time looking to the TGP and TAD planning the attack and the HUD to locate myself, they all are perfectly visible on the default FOV.

DISCLAIMER: I don't have TrackIR.

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8@3360 MHz | MB Asus M4A78-EM | 4GB DDR2-800 Kingston | XFX HD 5770 @850-900/1200-1300 | 500G Samsung HD502HI | Case CM 335 | CM-EPP 460W | Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) | Saitek X65F | Freetrack(Wii Remote) | LG 23' W2353V

It would be hard to compare a static view to RL, Track IR would be the best way to experience the sim. There is a free version that uses a camera and but I can't remember the name. There are lots of threads with this info also.

I think is called "face track"

Let me do a search, BRB

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

RU9ts5vH0QM

To whom it may concern,

I plan on making a freetrack with a wiimote, the parts are on the mail already.

Yeah, now i think i understand with a narrow FOV will be nauseating using head-tracking, but for fixed view using a hat for movement the default is fine.

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8@3360 MHz | MB Asus M4A78-EM | 4GB DDR2-800 Kingston | XFX HD 5770 @850-900/1200-1300 | 500G Samsung HD502HI | Case CM 335 | CM-EPP 460W | Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) | Saitek X65F | Freetrack(Wii Remote) | LG 23' W2353V