New warthog HOTAS - How to use the included profile?

markturner

Hi , please forgive the rather stupid sounding question, but I really can't figure this out and there is no support from Thrustmaster .

The new A-10 comes with pre made profiles for FC2, Black shark & Falcon4. You are supposed to double click on the profile for it to run, which I can do, but the axis commands are all wrong in game - for example, I move my throttle forward and the Black shark behaves as though I just applied left rudder.

In the in game controls GUI, the HOTAS is reported as "ThrustmasterCombined" if you run the supplied script. All show up as separate controllers (IE, joystick, throttle and MFD's if you do not run the script. But then I guess you need to program it all labouriously yourself.

Seeing as it comes with a pre made profile, I was hoping that someone who has this figured out could help me get it set up.

Cheers, Mark

i7 950 4.2ghz, 6GB Corsair 1600 hz, GTX580, Asus Sabertooth, Win 7 64 bit. 260.99 drivers

Mark, found this out rather quickly by accident. Runt the TARGET software (GUI).

1.) click on "stock" GUI config files

2.) click on the "DCS Blackshark" profile

3.) At top of window click on "Run Configuration"

4.) Leave the script/TARGET running and launch Blackshark*

* Note: I still had to set up axis' in blackshark to work with my CH pedals and Warthog

Hope that's what you are looking for. If you can find a layout map that comes with the default thrustmaster profile please send my way! I've been having a hell of a time figuring it out. it's at least somewhat intuitive, but I like a good layout reference.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Hi , please forgive the rather stupid sounding question, but I really can't figure this out and there is no support from Thrustmaster .

The new A-10 comes with pre made profiles for FC2, Black shark & Falcon4. You are supposed to double click on the profile for it to run, which I can do, but the axis commands are all wrong in game - for example, I move my throttle forward and the Black shark behaves as though I just applied left rudder.

In the in game controls GUI, the HOTAS is reported as "ThrustmasterCombined" if you run the supplied script. All show up as separate controllers (IE, joystick, throttle and MFD's if you do not run the script. But then I guess you need to program it all labouriously yourself.

Seeing as it comes with a pre made profile, I was hoping that someone who has this figured out could help me get it set up.

Cheers, Mark

I had that problem and found that ThrustMaster, in their wisdom, had programmed throttle #2 to the rudder axis. Take that out and you should be OK.

Yep just discovered that profile was sucking wind a few minutes ago...now off to build my own since I can't stand the way that one was performing in the game...or rather...not performing in the game. My rudder toe brakes were actually the throttle for the left and right engine respectively and talk about making take off a clusterf$%& that will do it to you when you are expecting a throttle to do it and your rudders don't effect anything at all.

Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ

A-10C_UserBar_04.gif.632b6636b377c44d7dc562f85b269d2b.gif