So ED Covered their bases...

Grimes

The only sim i can remember waiting to DLZ then lighting up and shooting is F4. And even then they would not move.

I heard some rumours that they move on A10 and was the first to cheer it up if true.

I was just flying a canned mission that came with beta 3, with 6 bunkers to destroy along a river. There was an SA-11 and he only turned his radar on to fire, then turned it off again.

Over and over again. So that was pretty cool. And I am sure he then must have been cooperating with the EWR that was also there, So the AD network is actually already in operation. Nice going. I have attached a track as proof :)

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

So please keep making airplanes for the next 10 years. Then we might be able to talk about a DCS ground war.

You don't get the picture I was triying to explain. Anyway, I won't bother with it any more, as it simply won't happen anytime soon.

We'll keep fliying perfectly modeled airplanes in a less than perfect shooting gallery.*

* IF we only get new airplanes and no ground improvements for 10 years, which we all know ED won't allow it to happen.

Edited by DiabloSP
Asterisk thingie.

We'll keep fliying perfectly modeled airplanes in a less than perfect shooting gallery.*

* IF we only get new airplanes and no ground improvements for 10 years, which we all know ED won't allow it to happen.

Baby steps. FC1 to Black Shark to FC2 we haven't really seen much improvement for AI ground units. There were a few changes I think, but nothing noticeable. As it stands now, the AI have primitive pathfinding skills, but its better than no pathfinding skills. And believe me, in BS they had no pathfinding skills. About the only thing they could do was swerve to avoid a building or debris. Yeah there is plenty of room for improvement, and I'd love to see AI land units get "go to waypoint" commands become an option, but I'm quite pleased so far with the AI improvements to the sim. Its certainly a step in the right direction.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

It's all about business, and actually the business is in the military contracts. If some army wants a specific simulator (air, land or sea) with the level of detail and quality that only ED gives offering a juicy contract, you can guess what would happen. Honestly, what I really want is that ED become so rich that we can enjoy their developments many years to come.

The Fighter Collection’s “The Battle Simulator” creates a synthetic environment of elements of modern air, land and sea warfare. This solution is a development of The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine (TFCSE) which is currently integrated into “serious game” air combat simulations and military applications such as the A-10C Desk Top Simulator (DTS) for the U.S. Air National Guard and AC-130U IR sensor operator training.

“The Battle Simulator” provides modules that operate on stand-alone or networked PC’s and offers military clients unprecedented levels of realism, portability, functionality, and cost effectiveness previously not available on commercial hardware.

cover.jpg

I think I get your picture now but I wasn't pointing to ground AI improvements, I was trying to point out that player controlled ground forces in DCS fidelity might not be as fun as you'd expect.

I'm quite pleased so far with the AI improvements to the sim.

Idem dito.

I'll refrain from calling AI air defence sitting ducks since they seem to be pretty good at surprising and giving you a hard time.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG