communication?

vegachavez

I have tried the default key assignments for communicating with my wingman...nothing.

I checked it in Game and Sim mode to no effect. I re-assigned the commands to new and different keys and with no luck. I can`t locate any info in the "search" field. I am still in tutorials...thought maybe communications in the tutorials was not activated.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

you have to know what frequency your wing man is on, its 2 parts, your switch meaning where you have it programed and then what channel are they on

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700k processor overclocked to 5.0, Asus ROG Z370-E , 32 GB G Skill Ripjaw DDR4 2400 ram, Nvidia Geforce 1080 TI , Virpil Constellation Alpha/ Virpil 50 CM2 Base/MFG Crosswinds rudders/TIR 5, Windows 10 64 bit

Hi Vega,

I would suggest checking this out first(Post 53);http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=61349&page=6

Then go back to the mission you are trying to communicate with your wingman and check the briefing to see if it says what frequency your flight is on.

If the information is not available in the briefing, then you can open the mission in the Mission Editor and click on your self and your wingman.

Take note of the freq listed for each plane. Based on the number, you will know which radio to use to contact your wingman.

Any video tutorials regarding radio an communications?

No, but there is a PowerPoint/PDF tutorial with pictures at the link above. Look it over, and at least give it a try.

Can you open a PDF? The tutorial is also provided as a PDF at that link.

If you have any questions that the tutorial does not answer, please PM me or reply here and I will be glad to help you.

Thanks

Thanks warrior....can I communicate with my wingman in the "Quick Missions" Right now I seemed to have figured out everything except how to get on the same frequency with my wingman. I don`t know why i`m having a problem with this?

If you could solve that that would be a huge hurdle to clear!

Thanks again.

I will be glad to help. Let me know when you have read through the tutorial. Until you have the basic's down, there is no point working on the more complicated issues.

Just so you know, the quick missions have the radio's set up and ready to go. What Mission are you having trouble with specifically?

I'm having the same trouble with comms. Please explain how you solve the problem. In beta 3 I used the "\" key for coms menu, then I installed beta 4 and the key does nothing. Please help!

You probably need to enable easy communications. Alternatively, use the HOTAS MIC SWITCH controls to activate the individual radios, after tuning them to the appropriate frequency ('realistic comms').

vegachavez i haven't had any problems with my radeon 5970, it has run every game on my computer with ease including a10c. no problems with heat both my systems are liquid cooled

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700k processor overclocked to 5.0, Asus ROG Z370-E , 32 GB G Skill Ripjaw DDR4 2400 ram, Nvidia Geforce 1080 TI , Virpil Constellation Alpha/ Virpil 50 CM2 Base/MFG Crosswinds rudders/TIR 5, Windows 10 64 bit

Thanks Warrior; this tutorial is excellent. I have a problem When I speak to the tower, I hear my message, I see the menu with the different options but never the tower answers me. I'don't see the origin of thie bad running.

Thank you for your help

What is the tower frequency?

Which Radio are you putting the frequency into?

Are you using the correct HOTAS Mic Switch for the radio you are tuning?

Are you waiting until after the APU is on, and the APU Gen switch is on, before you begin messing with the radio's?

On the VHF AM, are the Mode Select dials on MAN for the left one, and TR on the right dial?

Allright, well I am running out of things to check. The one thing for sure is that the Radio's do work, so let's look for the last few possibilities left.

First, did you confirm your airbase position by hitting F10 and then selecting the <ME> button at the top? Confirm you are at Batumi.

Second, the VHF AM Radio frequency tuning dial that is on the far left should be set to 13. The dial to the right of it, should be set at 1. The rest at 0.

Third, confirm you are seeing VHF AM in the top of the Communication Menu when you hit the Hotas Mic Switch FWD.

Fourth, confirm you have not messed with the intercom panel. The main function dial there should be at VHF.

If these last few checks dont solve it, then it may be your install, or you are doing something that I can not envision that is messing things up.

Let me know, and we can work on it after confirming the above checks.

Fourth, confirm you have not messed with the intercom panel. The main function dial there should be at VHF.

How can I tell what the dial is set to? It is not obvious, there is no indexer line, and the manual does not explain the dial well.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.