Red Stations

Guest Cayenne

Guest Cayenne

I must be missing something. I use a small homemade mission for practice and when I use a preset loadout or one I made (correct racks and stations) the GBU-12 and sidewinders show as red, I reset the CICU and reload the cartridge and I get the same thing. I have tried every conceivable combo in the inventory pages. I tell the inventory that its a "12" and it shows as red "10s" on the station page...TIA

Guest Cayenne

Come to think of it My first custom loadout evaporated from the list, have no clue where it went or how. Anyway here are some shots, Exterior.., Stations after a DTS reload, and then the Inventory. After manually selecting the GBU-12's load Sym. for inventory it remains the same. Also same for rockets- load 151's and 274's show in inventory. I know I said sidewinders but i meant rockets..Having similar problems with other loads. I have tried all kind of combos with SERs, TERs, and stations...same thing. Any chance of one of those "incremental" updates like maybe release 4.0.0.0.0000001 :D

ExteriorLoad.thumb.jpg.2e108b321fdac823c91ae4f4017fcfa7.jpg

Stations.jpg.300a7fc3d075312ace80399d8ef2910c.jpg

Inventory.jpg.16ca34afee7840f35aad7cc58ea98287.jpg

You have to create a profile for the weapons, simplest way is to reload the DSMS data from the data store cartridge.

but you can also do it manually by selecting the stations with the same type of weapon and then going into the profile page:

screenshot020v.jpg

next enter a name of your choice for the profile (you can alter any options like CCRP/CCIP while your at it if you'd like) and press save:

screenshot021ul.jpg

the profile will show up on the profile list like you'd expect, go back to the stat page:

screenshot024xu.jpg

and the red stations will no longer be red, but green. Ready to be used:

screenshot025t.jpg

Now just repeat that for all stations with different weapons (in my case, I would have to create a new profile for the GBU-38's and a new profile for the M-156 WP rockets.)

Guest Cayenne

Thanks CP but the "by the book" stuff aint working and I did fail to mention that I have tried many different combos of profiles but there is no sense in making a profile for a "10" when Your hanging "12's"

but there is no sense in making a profile for a "10" when Your hanging "12's"

Who's talking about making a GBU-10 profile for the GBU-12s?

Going from this screenshot you posted:

attachment.php?attachmentid=47667&d=1297727059

It's quite obvious that the reason why the GBU-12s and the M-151 rockets are red on your DSMS status page is because they don't have a profile. You have a profile for the GBU-10s (which I assume where hanging on station 4 and 8 before you replaced them with GBU-12's) and a profile for the GBU-38's aswell as one for m-274 rockets, but no profile for the GBU-12s or M-151 rockets.

Guest Cayenne

I'm kinda new to combat simming and I might be missing something like I said. As I understand if there is a conflict between the dts cartridge and the inventory it will show red, and You have to manually correct it via the inv page as I do tell it, its 12s not 10s and 151s not 274s and it still doesn't change the info on the inventory page, so how can I apply a profile to a red 10 when I have 12s hanging? Like I said before I have tried upteen profiles to no avail. everything You say CP will apply to a default mission or a newly created mission and the manual, but not for My mission.......

Right, So I just gave your mission a go and like you described you start off with the GBU-12 and the M-151 rockets red on the DSMS (which is a bit strange I have to admit. I have no idea whats causing that and I haven't experienced it before)

Reloading the data from the cartridge doesn't work either, just like you said.

But creating profiles for the weapons manually like I described in my earlier post did work on the other hand, without any issues.

You don't have to do anything in the inventory page (INV) the issue is that there are no profiles for the GBU-12 or M-151 rockets in the DTS cartridge and therefor you have to create them manually.

(don't confuse the status page (the default page you get when you press the DSMS OSB) with the inventory page or the profile page)

Edit: attached a track from your mission

DSMS-profile.trk

Edited by Cp

Guest Cayenne

Right You are! Thanks for Your patients and understanding. It was the naming part that got Me. And what I have been doing since day one was modifying existing profiles NOT make a new one as I thought I was.:doh: Now i undestand the manual.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I'm having a similar issue to the original poster, but I can't seem to resolve it. I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix an "I" type mismatch between the profile and the inventory. I've read this thread twice and read the appropriate part of the manual four times and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Could somebody please take a look at the attached mission and see if they can figure out how to fix it, please?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Pizzi

Matt_WeapTest01.miz

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I'm having a similar issue to the original poster, but I can't seem to resolve it. I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix an "I" type mismatch between the profile and the inventory. I've read this thread twice and read the appropriate part of the manual four times and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Could somebody please take a look at the attached mission and see if they can figure out how to fix it, please?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Pizzi

I have the exact same issue when making missions: Weapons stations are red with an "I" symbol in place of the actual munition. I can go into the INV page and try to manually assign a profile to the ordnance in question, but the system won't even recognize a weapon of any type. The INV page does know that there is SOMETHING at the conflicting station because it has a red error message, "Stores detected on pylon, check loadout", or something along those lines.

I've about given up trying to resolve this. :helpsmilie:

This seems to be due to the 'prepare mission' feature being used to save the DSMS configuration with the mission file. I deleted everything except the 'mission' and 'options' files from the .miz, and everything's back to normal (I suspect all you need to remove is the DSMS folder).

Edit: Not all variations of "create a payload, prepare the mission, change the payload, run the mission again" create the same problem with stores that can't be edited.

The following seems to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a new loadout with TGP, 3 x AGM-65D, 3 x AGM-65H (DSMS-1.miz)
  2. Use Flight -> Prepare mission to launch the mission, then quit (no need to make any changes). Your mission file will be updated to resemble DSMS-2.miz
  3. Change your payload to the first Anti-Armor payload; the one with 2 x AGM-65D and 2 x AGM-65H, 2 x CBU-87s and 2 x CBU-97s, plus ECM and 2 x AIM-9. You'll get something like DSMS-3.miz
  4. Fly the mission - DSMS inventory will be broken.

I think the key may be going from 3 Mavericks to 2, but I haven't tested a lot of variations. The first one I tried had 2 of each type of Maverick, the TGP and missiles and ECM, but no CBUs. When I switched to the first anti-armor loadout, I had some errors in the DSMS but nothing that couldn't be corrected through the inventory page.

DSMS-1.miz

DSMS-2.miz

DSMS-3.miz

Edited by nomdeplume

Guest Cayenne

I had to abandon those missions and remake them or remake a completely new loadout with new name. ...lets all say it together one....two...three! "ITS a WIP!"

• 1 year later...
I had to abandon those missions and remake them or remake a completely new loadout with new name. ...lets all say it together one....two...three! "ITS a WIP!"

Sorry for waking up an old thread, but I am having this issue right now. I don't think this counts as a WIP anymore? ;)

Will try deleting the files from the .miz as mentioned.

Edit: It worked. Don't know why it happened. I also tried the "Prepare mission" menu alternative, without knowing what it does. I noticed no difference from when you click fly.

Edited by brydling

Digital-to-Synchro converter for interfacing real aircraft instruments - Thread

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

The "Prepare mission" option just puts you into the jet normally, but when you exit the mission it saves 'all' of the jet's settings, e.g. waypoints, DSMS config, HUD options, TAD configuration, and so on. These are then automatically loaded when you fly the mission the next time. If you change your loadout from the one in the stored DSMS settings, you'll get weird problems.