Missing some a.i. audio when listening to other flights on guard

jspec3

hi - just diving back into the first mission of the devil's cross campaign after the patch, and after tuning to the guard frequency I've noticed some a.i. radio chatter is missing audio; specifically it's "Uzi" flight.

I can see the text "passing way point 1, engaging, etc" but there is no voice for some reason. Heard the audio and saw the text from another flight, so maybe for some reason the audio for that specific flight is not activating?

Flew the mission again to make sure it wasn't a fluke, same thing happened. Also flew a 'fast mission' and heard some other flights calling out targets, engaging, etc.

Really like this new feature so I wanted to mention it, I know it's not high priority but just putting it out there 'on the radar' so to speak.

just finished playing that 'hideout' mission (fun, by the way) and there was some more a.i. audio missing, this time 'enfield' flight. I saw the text, but no audio.

they were the tornados, I believe the country flag I saw while flipping through using "F2 view" was German (but I'm not sure). Don't think it was Georgian though.

Just wanted to mention it... maybe not all the audio has voices yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah I think I was wrong in saying Germany had voice, I replaced a German SEAD flight with a UK in one of my missions due to this...

I guess it's a low priority item for ED, but it'd still be really nice to have at least one voice for every country represented in the game.

Yeah I think I was wrong in saying Germany had voice, I replaced a German SEAD flight with a UK in one of my missions due to this...

I guess it's a low priority item for ED, but it'd still be really nice to have at least one voice for every country represented in the game.

There are sound files in the speech folder just not any sound in game.

• 1 month later...

Any update on this issue so far?

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Seems they're not. Clean 1.1.0.9 install here and all I get is their text without audio.

Something extra to look forward to already. Thanks for the info, Nate.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index