Can any1 help me get in to this game?

Hi I just got that game and tho I'v fiddled around a bit I pretty much still have no clue as to how to play,

I have found a section on the lock on site to download the instructional videos for flaming cliffs 2, during the training it say that by pressing "esc" I can take control of the aircraft, however when I press the "esc" button it just exits the mission.

How can I actually play the training mission. like in the original lock on. I remember there I could take control of the aircraft why can't I do this(or how can I do this) in FC2? Since the controls are slightly different and the voiced text in FC2 makes it much easier to understand everything.

You can't play or take control of the aircrafts during training as they are videos and not track files. The best thing you could do is to re-create the training on the mission editor and use it as training missions. If i remember correct, there are some training missions in the 'missions' option on the opening screen on the sim though they don't have the voice over as in training vids. All you could do is memorize the training vid procedures and follow them in the training missions.