Campaign questions

After a week off and on learning the sim, I'm finally competent enough to take on the campaigns.

I have a few questions, though-

First of all, are the campaign missions set up so that if you fail a mission, you have to restart it? In the first campaign, I flew the first mission, got on station, and JTAC told me to go home. I flew home, landed, and started the next mission. The mission briefing looked almost exactly the same, and the weather was the same as well. Is it just a similar mission, or was I re-doing the first mission? If I crash and die in a campaign mission, do I have to re-do it, or does it just push me to the next one?

For campaigns, is there any persistence? If I take out a tank column that wasn't assigned to me, will it be gone in the next mission?

Finally, is anyone working on making an alternate first campaign where you start every mission on the runway? I noticed that you start every mission in the second campaign on the runway, but I'm always in the hangar for the first campaign. As much as I love taxiing out and admiring the airfield, I really don't want to do it every time.

I could go into the mission editor and set that up myself, but I really don't want to spoil all the missions by doing so. Also, I have zero idea how to use the ME.

Thanks!

Each campaign mission is a separate entity, so the kind of persistance you asked about is not there (like it was in Falcon, for example).

The campaign designer sets the linkage between missions and determine criteria needed to progress. Using the campaign and mission editors it is possible to set up branching campaigns that would not require you to replay a given mission until achieving some level of success. There are a lot of good missions being posted by the very creative members here but I haven't seen anybody make good use of the new campaign editor yet. I've only played around with either of the editors so far, but they appear very capable and a step up from their equivalents in Black Shark.

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS