SSD issue, not simulator problem,

hey guys. I just built a new system that has SSD drive. this is the product I was using. http://www.adata.com.tw/index.php?action=product_feature&cid=3&piid=103 I removed it put back in my 10k rpm drive and the issue went away so I now it has to be the drive, the issue is I would get a micro stutter like every 10 seconds like clockwork. anyone have any idea what could cause this. by the way this happend in other games as well, I used win7 64 bit version, I already tried updating firmware still no go, its annoying cause I got it specialy for gaming... :cry: I know I should probley be contacting the vendor, I did that and all they told me to do is update firmware which I did. could it just be the type of drive im using?

Edited by sage0030

Adata... Don't even know this brand... =S

Some people complaining about stutters just changed their SSD for another and it worked fine.

HAF X - CM SPG 800W - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 - i7 2600K @ 4,6 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance CAS8 @ 1600 - Gainward Phantom GTX 770 2GO - Samsung 830 128 go (DCS A-10 on it) - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1To

No issues with none of my both Indilinx based (not the newest but still fast enuogh) SSDs.

I uses a Super Talent Ultra Drive GX 128GB and rigtht now have a Samsung 128GB. No stutters from the SSD.

Strange thing. Do you use ACHI or still IDE?

Firmwareupgrade necessary on SSD?

Is the SSD already over 80% full?

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Stuttering can occur when the drive needs to do GC / Trim at inopportune times.

One reason for this occurring is if your drive is allowed to go into low power state when it's idle (sleeping the drive when it would normally do it's own background work, means it has to find other time to do this which will inconvenience you).

So, as long as it's not a firmware fault (has been known to happen, and sometimes it's the newer firmware that has the fault so look for similar issues and versions), check that your power policy never turns the drive off or to a low power state after inactivity, and if in Windows 7 you should be using AHCI mode for taking advantage of Trim unless your drive has its own built in outstanding garbage collection capability (unlikely I suspect).

The other thing that may be worth checking is if there are more than one driver you can use, and if so, to find out which is the recommended one. Some drivers are provided by Microsoft, some by the vendor, some may be 3rd party or (motherboard) chipset (such as Intel Rapid Storage driver tech). I'm not familiar with your particular drive, but look into this nonetheless as it is a known contributor to the performance of the drive.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Stuttering can occur when the drive needs to do GC / Trim at inopportune times.

One reason for this occurring is if your drive is allowed to go into low power state when it's idle (sleeping the drive when it would normally do it's own background work, means it has to find other time to do this which will inconvenience you).

So, as long as it's not a firmware fault (has been known to happen, and sometimes it's the newer firmware that has the fault so look for similar issues and versions), check that your power policy never turns the drive off or to a low power state after inactivity, and if in Windows 7 you should be using AHCI mode for taking advantage of Trim unless your drive has its own built in outstanding garbage collection capability (unlikely I suspect).

The other thing that may be worth checking is if there are more than one driver you can use, and if so, to find out which is the recommended one. Some drivers are provided by Microsoft, some by the vendor, some may be 3rd party or (motherboard) chipset (such as Intel Rapid Storage driver tech). I'm not familiar with your particular drive, but look into this nonetheless as it is a known contributor to the performance of the drive.

thank you guys for your quick reply's, that just to much work for a SSD for me to worry about, I may try another brand or somthing later on when I got the money for it, but for now my IDE drive is fine no stutters its really wierd..

Two squad mates of mine were having this same issue with OCZ SSD's... micro stutter at regular intervals. They both were running in AHCI mode. I have 2 SSD's, both running in IDE mode and my system (and A-10C) runs as smooth as silk. I offered this as a suggestion to both of my squad mates and they tried it. In both cases switching from AHCI to IDE mode solved the micro stutter issue.

I know all the so called experts are going to disagree but if all else fails try switching from AHCI to IDE mode. Please don't ask me to explain it from a technical standpoint because I won't get into a debate about it. I know it may not be the best solution for everyone but it works for some configurations. I know that it yields smooth/fast/reliable performance for me and has worked for at least two other who were having performance issues.

Edited by =Damage=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flight Box: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE, i7-2700K @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, Kingston 96GB SSD, EVGA GTX-570 HD 2560MB, Sony KDL-32BX420 32", 2 x Lilliput UM-70, Win7 Pro 64, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Two squad mates of mine were having this same issue with OCZ SSD's... micro stutter at regular intervals. They both were running in AHCI mode. I have 2 SSD's, both running in IDE mode and my system (and A-10C) runs as smooth as silk. I offered this as a suggestion to both of my squad mates and they tried it. In both cases switching from AHCI to IDE mode solved the micro stutter issue.

I know all the so called experts are going to disagree but if all else fails try switching from AHCI to IDE mode. Please don't ask me to explain it from a technical standpoint because I won't get into a debate about it. I know it may not be the best solution for everyone but it works for some configurations. I know that it yields smooth/fast/reliable performance for me and has worked for at least two other who were having performance issues.

If this is the case I would look for BIOS upgrades to the motherboard.

If this is the case I would look for BIOS upgrades to the motherboard.

MOBO is at latest firmware its the HD. but that is a thought about switching to IDE I thought mabye the hd is just to small or somthing, its only 64 gig hd SSD.

• 4 weeks later...

Solved

the problem was the controler on the SSD itself I got agility with sandforce controler no problems at all, :pilotfly:btw I also upgrade to sandy bridge cpu and runs like a dream.

Edited by sage0030