X52 help - having trouble mapping throttle

Hey all, my slider currently controls the throttle. I can't figure out how how to map it to the actual main throttle. Any suggestions?

also i dont know if my calibration is off but when the joystick is in the center position during flight the A-10 climbs all by at about 15 degrees. Im not sure how to change this either?

To correct the throttle assignment, go to Options>Controls>Axis Assign (it's a button towards the bottom) and then choose "Throttle Common" in the X52 column. This needs to be set to JOY_Z (the Z axis of the joystick is the throttle, apparently).

The X52 is self-calibrating, just move it all the way forward, and then in a circle twice. This should recalibrate it. You can also look in the Saitek control panel -- it looks like a little throttle in the Alerts area of your Windows desktop (usually in the bottom right next to the clock). In that control panel it shows if the buttons are being pushed and where the stick it centered.

Make sure your flaps are retracted. You'll also need to trim for level flight.

If you don't have one already, here's a link to my X52 profile:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1212158&postcount=52

To correct the throttle assignment, go to Options>Controls>Axis Assign (it's a button towards the bottom) and then choose "Throttle Common" in the X52 column. This needs to be set to JOY_Z (the Z axis of the joystick is the throttle, apparently).

The X52 is self-calibrating, just move it all the way forward, and then in a circle twice. This should recalibrate it. You can also look in the Saitek control panel -- it looks like a little throttle in the Alerts area of your Windows desktop (usually in the bottom right next to the clock). In that control panel it shows if the buttons are being pushed and where the stick it centered.

Make sure your flaps are retracted. You'll also need to trim for level flight.

If you don't have one already, here's a link to my X52 profile:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1212158&postcount=52

it appears the "throttle both" is set to joy-z. there is no "throttle common" but I'm assuming that's what you meant. Still no luck =/ I do have Jackbauers profile and the buttons are not translating in game... although the MFD does indicate jackbauers profile. Im not sure where I went wrong

Well i have the x52 regular as well. What you need to do is go to the game options then on the top left box choose a10 sim then in the box next to that you need to pull the drop down tab to axis. Then scroll down to throttle under x52 click the box for throttle all. Then Move the throttle on your stick. Also make sure your slider is centered if you already have profile loaded. You might want to wait on activating profile until you get your axis assigned.

Hope this helps.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well i have the x52 regular as well. What you need to do is go to the game options then on the top left box choose a10 sim then in the box next to that you need to pull the drop down tab to axis. Then scroll down to throttle under x52 click the box for throttle all. Then Move the throttle on your stick. Also make sure your slider is centered if you already have profile loaded. You might want to wait on activating profile until you get your axis assigned.

Hope this helps.

holy cow, that fixed it! I was running game mode and it wasn't translating? Is there any way for this to translate to game mode as I really don't have the time right now to learn to fly sim

When in game options the same place you just changed the controller axis at. On the left box where it says A10 Sim, Just click on that and change it to A10 game, Then reassign the axis as you did.

Edited by Atomic978

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also I think with the profile you are using the slider is used for extend and retract on the brakes. If that is the case having the slider all the at forward or all the way back will not let any of the other buttons work in the profile. Because when the slider is off center it is like a solid keypress so you need to make sure you put it back to center in order to stop the keypress.

=RvE=Atomic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]