Newb questions about versions, etc

I just installed LOMAC from a CD. I have had some trouble sorting out the various expansions, but downloaded 1.1 Flaming Cliffs a few hours ago. The install worked fine, but then Starforce bitch-slapped me when I tried to start the game. Something about incompatible drivers preventing the installation of the necessary libraries.

I got fed up, burned everything down, and now here I am with a default LOMAC install.

So clear this up for me:

You have to pay for Flaming Cliffs 1.1 after you install it?

How do you pay for the download of Flaming Cliffs 2.0?

Can I install FC 2.0 right on top of vanilla LOMAC?

If I want to stick with LOMAC for a while, are there any free patches that I should get?

Other questions:

Why don't I hear any voices in the training missions, like I do on youtube videos?

Flaming Cliffs 1 is an expansion. The downloadable version requires that you own a license for it, which can be purchased through lockon.co.uk or lockon.ru (depending on your location).

Flaming Cliffs 1 is not requires for Flaming Cliffs 2. FC2 can be installed with only LOMAC present on the system. NOTE: it is recommended to install FC2 in a separate directory. It is not necessary to install it "on top" of LOMAC, the latter just has to be present on the system. (For example, if LOMAC is in C:\Games\LOMAC, install FC2 in C:\Games\FC2)

FC2 can be obtained through purchasing a license either through lockon.co.uk or lockon.ru, and also through Direct2Drive.

Regarding the voices, it's most likely because you are using vanilla LOMAC, and the videos do not. (They'll be either FC1 or FC2.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Welcome maturin. It's a yes for all your questions, best thing to do regarding key assignments is to look for them by yourself, there is a very convenient controls guide in the user interface for this, you can even customize it to suit your needs.

Try also to upgrade to FC2, you will get full support, and you will have access to the latest mods and multiplayer servers.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

I can't seem to zoom the TV for Mavericks. Training suggests that your minus and plus (not numpad) keys can accomplish this, but it doesn't work for me.....

Mavericks cannot be 'zoomed', ie no zoom-view. You can however toggle between two preset FOV - The manual explains it very well.

....If I want to stick with LOMAC for a while, are there any free patches that I should get?

Yes - Patch 1.02 for LOMAC. As to where you will find it, I have absolutely no idea. Would have to start at the Ubisoft forums.

In all honesty - the best thing you can do it purchase FC2 in order to take advantage of the numerous improvements introduced since LOMAC - it's like chalk and cheese.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Mavericks cannot be 'zoomed', ie no zoom-view. You can however toggle between two preset FOV - The manual explains it very well.

Training explains that you use the - and = keys to toggle the view, but these keys have no effect in my game.

Edited by maturin