Collective Stick Won't Move with X-52 HOTAS

enigma6584

Alright...I seem to have a problem here. I've installed BS2, was in controls in order to directly map my X-52 HOTAS system using in game set-up. No SST software used. I initially loaded up the lua script of my profile from BS1 and overwrote the default controls. It didn't work.

I deleted that in-game profile and started from scratch mapping HOTAS and Axis to proper commands. My X-52 joystick works, my Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals work...all the buttons on my HOTAS system work. The only thing that doesn't work is my Throttle which was of course assigned to the axis for Collective Stick.

What the hell am I doing wrong? It takes when assigned. I can adjust curves in Axis Tuning...but when in game when I move the throttle, my collective does not move an inch.

Any help would be most apprieciated. It has got to be something stupid and right in front of me.:doh:

Did you keep a backup before overwriting the lua?

Lua from BS1 is not compatible with BS2, and if you first overwrote it and then deleted, anything can happen.

I would recommend a re-install, or try the following:

C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS Blackshark 2\Config\Input

Make a backup of the contents here, then delete them.

then start the game again and it will hopefully re-create defaults properly.

If this does not work, try a reinstall.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

...THX from me too!!

Greets

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

I've got same problem but also lots of my buttons dont work. I use SST profile to map the default keystrokes and in controls when I press the button it shows correct assignment but they dont work in the game.

edit: full uninstall - delete all user files and re-install fixed it up.

Edited by spikenet
edit

• 1 year later...

this worked well for me thanks.

sad you can't import your trusted configs from bs1!!!

quote:

Did you keep a backup before overwriting the lua?

Lua from BS1 is not compatible with BS2, and if you first overwrote it and then deleted, anything can happen.

I would recommend a re-install, or try the following:

C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS Blackshark 2\Config\Input

Make a backup of the contents here, then delete them.

then start the game again and it will hopefully re-create defaults properly.

I opened both the old and the new config files in Notepad++ and then used the "compare" plugin. It highlighted all the differences, and it was very easy to copy and paste from the old into the new. Took only a few minutes. This was from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3, so it will take a little more work to go from BS1 to the latest version. You will have to study the differences and actually do some typing, which is still far more preferable than starting from scratch (IMO).