Game pad configuration

Don't laugh :D I'm thinking of the most useful way to play this sim on a laptop and the joysticks are not very mobile and take a lot of space so please give me some advice on how to configure a standard PC gamepad to be able to fly this sim decently. Gamepad for flying and mouse for cockpit buttons clicking.

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:doh:

( but i think there's already a thread for this in input output part of the forum )

I know it's :doh: but anyways I'd really hate to carry a huge dildo along with the laptop, while a gamepad and a mouse fit in the laptop bag perfectly.

I couldn't find that thread, there is one on BS but no one has answered this exotic question :D

Actually the most difficult part is how to configure the analog sticks, the buttons are easy and a matter of preference. I'm thinking one of the sticks could be used for targeting pod designation. The other should be used for flying the plane, any tricks here to make flying more precise?

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Buy yourself one of these:

Normal_tac2.jpg

That's pretty mobile. :D

Anyways, sorry, no, I've never tried gamepads with A-10C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

But that's a TAC-2! It is automatically best at everything simply through being what it is! :D

(Am I showing my age now?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I have never tried this but the first thing I would look at is dead zones for the sticks (one for slew and one for pitch/roll) since they are so short. Then a lot of curve fiddling for sure. A shift button somewhere in there would be useful as well.

Good luck with it!;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Buy yourself one of these:

Normal_tac2.jpg

That's pretty mobile. :D

Anyways, sorry, no, I've never tried gamepads with A-10C.

And use VAC for everything else.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]