Who am I fighting?

JCook

Someday when I've learned enough about flying the A10C I hope to do some of the missions and campaigns. In general if I'm playing the role of a US Air Force pilot who is my opponent? Russia? Which bases are their's and which are the US allied bases. I'm just not familiar with that part of the world or the geopolitics of the region.

It seems and Iraq or Afganistan Theatre would have been more realistic.

It seems and Iraq or Afganistan Theatre would have been more realistic.

Realistic, maybe, boring definitely. Realistic missions as flown in Afghanistan or Iraq would be very boring for most people. Hell, most people don't seem to want to fly for an hour let alone 6+.

The fictional scenarios presented in the campaign missions are at least more exciting, if not totally accurate from a political or geographic point of view. As far as publicly available community made missions, very few are realistic anyway so the actual location is of little consequence.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

You do have a corner of Iran in the map which you could turn into a strike scenario though it wouldn't be great, but a realistic Afghanistan mission is probably the most boring ever. 8-10 hours, multiple refuels and no knowing if the weapons need to be used. Location isn't enormously important. A bit more of Iran could be a fun mission.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Yeah someone should make a mission where you fly for an hour straight to get to the designated zone then chatting and sharing stories with the JTAC for 45 minutes before being relieved by Hawg2 and flying back.

Which is actually fairly easy, the interesting bit is getting the chance of engaging targets. Also easy, why have i not done this yet.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing