Setting Radio Presets

CheckSix

Hello fellow sim enthusiasts.

I am having a bit of difficulty setting radio presets for any of the three radios in the sim.

The manual says (for the UHF radio, for example): "To load a frequency to a preset channel, you simply dial in the frequency manually; select the preset channel you with to assign the frequency to, and then press the LOAD button."

Well...that doesn't work quite right.

After performing the above step, having the radio set to Preset, not Manual, the radio does recognizes the new fequencie I loaded BUT what happens is that the new set frequency becomes the frequency for ALL presets, no matter what the selector knob setting. And if I try to set a different frequency to preset #2, THAT new frequency becomes the frequency for all other presets. Meaning, the "new" or "last input frequency" is shown on the frequency status indicator window.

By pressing the Status button, it does show the different frequencies when the selector knob is rotated, BUT, the frequencies change back after I move the preset frequency selector dial through it's range.

Signed,

Confused. :(

Thanks.

Edited by CheckSix

CheckSix

ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe G3, i7-2700k@4.5GHz, EVGA Classified GTX590 3GB, Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Prolimatech Armageddon CPU Cooler, Intel 510 SSD 120GB, Western Digital 750GB, Silverstone 1000W Gold, CoolerMaster HAF X case, CH Fighterstick, CH ProThrottle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro

It works fine. In preset mode the display only shows the frequency when the status button is pressed. The radios are actually changing frequency.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Ok. Thanks Eddie.

Going forward: Setting presets WILL input them into the system, even if they subsequently do not show up using the frequency selector knob. Pressing Status will show the actual frequency that was loaded to that preset.

CS

CheckSix

ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe G3, i7-2700k@4.5GHz, EVGA Classified GTX590 3GB, Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Prolimatech Armageddon CPU Cooler, Intel 510 SSD 120GB, Western Digital 750GB, Silverstone 1000W Gold, CoolerMaster HAF X case, CH Fighterstick, CH ProThrottle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro

hassata,

That's simply outstanding.

Thank you very much for the link!

CS

CheckSix

• 7 years later...
Have a look at WarriorX's comprehensive guide and video

thank You a lot!

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5