Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS- Anoying z-roll (twist) function!?

Zolitnitsky

I’m playing BS v1.02 with Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS.

Now, I'm barely got the chopper hovering properly along with having this new stick so this might be due to some overlooked settings.

Anyway. I find the z-roll (twist) function problematic as it sometimes interferes with normal directions. Like discovering you’re suddenly no longer flying forward as you’re (accidently) holding the handle “twisted”. Now, it doesn't happen that often and I obviously don’t have anything mapped to it but it’s still annoying. Any tips, ideas or so appreciated.

If I’ve missed any previous thread on this I appologise but I’ve found none so far.

I have it, and most of the videos on my channel are made with it (at least all of them).. That said, you will, in time, become aware that you've locked your rudder into a trim. You know you can mechanically disable the rudder twist on the stick, right? do that, and get yourself a pedal.

I don't own pedals. But they would certainly let me avoid the carpal tunnel syndrome that twist crap is doing... Also, the heading hold of the autopilot somehow minimizes torque in your general direction... Brakes are assigned currently to the rocker on the throttle.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Eh.. It seems to be some confusion here. Regarding the pedals I already have the "slider" (see pic) addressed to those so no need there. My problem is the z-roll twist (the one next to it). Noc Orthodontist, you mentioned you could mechanically disable the twist. That would be perfect. But the only adjusting function I've found so far is the resistance on the main stick :cry:!

t-flight.jpg.48f5b90b50c0d282d849262843f95b3f.jpg

IIRC its in the manual. You disable the rudder twist by the wrench underneath.

And you turn to the rocker..

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

there you go buddy. Now practice practice practice.... That is the name of the game. IMHO, TFHX is the best there is for blackshark (at least sensitivity wise compared to X52 - Anti-Saitek fellow here :D)

Guillemot produces mid-high quality than saitek... But that's just me..

Yeah, and I forgot to say thanks to! So thanks Noc - and others! And yes, I noticed from reading reading the forum X52 somewhat rules so a welcome point there. I personally find it hard that people recommend x52 to beginners, not only given the difference in price but also uncertain future commitment in difficult "games" (if I may so call it!) like this. But then again, if money is not en issue... Anyway, enough off topic! Back to PRACTICE! And thanks again!