Checklists & Taxi Procedures

Dirk7589

Hello Everyone,

I only place BlackShark in simulator mode, and have noticed that all the checklists say to have hdg hld on before taxi. However, this cause the rudder to try and maintain a certain heading (as it should), and it not necessarily best when trying to taxi to runways etc. Is there a revised checklist or procedure that I should be using instead? Thanks for all your help.

Sincerely,

Dirk7589

Of course; LeftControl - T

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

L CTRL + T resets your trim to dead centre. I find this most useful on the ground.

In the real KA-50, when you trim, the stick stays in the position where you trimmed so as a pilot, you always have a visual cue. You can see this in the sim too but of course, your actual joystick returns to centre.

I find it essential to have the joystick control window open R-CTRL + Return Key. That way, I can centre just the rudder or roll inputs using it as a visual cue without resetting the pitch.

If you do L-CTRL + T in flight, you will pitch up heavily - as you have probably already found out :smilewink: