Anyone tried the Canadair Regional Jet CRJ-200 for X-Plane 10 ?

andysim

Hi! Andy,

I have it and use it a lot these days, it is fabulous! I have been going back and forth between X-plane and DCS (Lockon, Flaming cliffs1-2, A-10C) in the last few years and I must say that CRJ-200 is the best aircraft ever simulated in X-plane. It has very detailed controls and screens, flight model and georgous looks and on top, it has a very good user interface (pop-up screens for all eicas displays to see all details up-close, and a networked FMS so one can use the flight computer on a networked laptop or ipad). The documents are complete, with a great tutorial made by Javier Rollon (in pdf AND on youtube). It is complex to handle and flies beautifully. By the way, one of the main new things in XP10 is the night lighting (great taxi ways, runway lightings, etc), well that is also something great in the CRJ-200 is all the lighing and night operation options. I was never really turned on by the big jets in civil sims, they seem so sluggish and boring (perhaps my bonds with the military jets sims...) but the CRJ-200 changed my perception completely.

I really do recommend it warrmly!

Jean-Francois

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

oh and I forgot : excellent customer support (dedicated forum on the .org forum and personal email responses from Javier Rollon himself or his team)

JF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D