Why overcomplicate AGM-65 power up procedure?

Lozzo87

Looks to me like it will all come down to how much its used like anything else with a shelf life. The more its used the more it degrades overtime.

So if you have em on for 25mins then you have still used 25mins and it does not go back to zero just because you put em off before the 30 min mark.

But if you do turn them off before they over heat or what not then they will last that lil bit longer than if you had got to the point that they do overheat deteriorate.

But a could be wrong

Edited by Medic88

Interesting talking about shelf lives of Maverick seeker heads, since ideally the shelf life will be from the point they are powered on to the time they are used, which hopefully will be during a single mission. But I guess that's not always the case and they are brought back and reused.

I've had them overheat on me from being on station for over 30mins with them powered up so it is modelled.

No you didn't; you saw the warning message come up. Which you can then turn off and ignore for ever (seemingly at least) or just turn them off and on again. That's not modelling overheating.