Co-Op Maps for LAN

DanKurt

Need some co-op maps to play on a wireless lan with a couple of friends.

I have talked a couple of buddies into buying Lock On FC 2 so we can team up wireless and I can teach them how to "mud move" with the A10 and Su25T:pilotfly:

We are working on a oil rig and there isn't much to do during time off!

The only problem is the multiplayer maps included in FC2 are for player v player type multiplay and we never encounter enemy aircraft during play.

So is there anyone with some good co-op missions or campaigns that I could get hold of, or is there a way of converting the single player missions to co-op multiplayer?:smilewink:

The co-op scene never really took off with FC2 for whatever reason, however I think Dragon added some FC2 aircraft to a few of his BS1 Ka-50 missions, so you could try that. Alternatively a quick and easy way to get a co-op is to take single player missions, either standalone or campaign, and add the needed "client" aircraft manually into the mission editor to convert the mission to a co-op.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The co-op scene never really took off with FC2 for whatever reason, however I think Dragon added some FC2 aircraft to a few of his BS1 Ka-50 missions, so you could try that. Alternatively a quick and easy way to get a co-op is to take single player missions, either standalone or campaign, and add the needed "client" aircraft manually into the mission editor to convert the mission to a co-op.

I found it really hard to co-op in FC2. No datalink, no moving map... the difficulty of keeping tabs on where your allies are makes you just want to say "!@#$ it" and go off and do something by yourself. You can stay in the same general area as your multiplayer buddy, but damn it's hard to really do anything together. At least, without LEAVU.

I did have a few nice co-op experiences on the 104th server as a Ka-50 working with fixed wing until it got ruined (IMO) by airquaking... after that, the Su-25/A-10-Ka-50s folks could never work together for more than a few mins before one of them (usually the fixed wing) would get blasted.

One of the last times I was on it though, I teamed up with some Su-25 pilot at like 4AM in the morning. We were the only guys on the server so there weren't any fighter jocks to come grief us or ignore the CAP mission they were supposed to be doing. It was night, and I "sent" him targets by firing tracers at them :D Good fun.

IMO, I think that "balanced" head-to-head maps with multiple aircraft types are probably a mistake. Especially when you mix fighters into the mix. IRL, you just don't throw attack helos and ground support aircraft into the mix when air superiority is so contested.

A more ideal head-to-head scenario that would probably lead to more fun gameplay would involve an unbalanced scenario. Pit F-15Cs, Ka-50s and A-10s against a smaller Russian fighter force. Throw in some AI aircraft for the Russians as well. It is very possible to balance such a scenario, you just have to give up the idea that the two sides need to have the same objectives. Give the red side some well defended airspace they can retreat back into. Give the blue side some widely spaced defense objectives. Give the red some some mountainous coverage they can sneak through to make surprise attacks. Maybe it would even be possible to use the new AI tasking system to make some of the Russian fighters invisible to AWACs.

Edited by Speed
  • Like 1

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will try my hand at tweeking a few single player maps and see what that brings.

what type of missions are you after....?

Ideally my buddies and I will be in A-10's (FC2) hunting down tank formations and armored convoys but I would like some AA and Enemy AI bandits to shake things up for us.

As I said we are at sea at the moment so no way of multiplayer with the outside world only a wireless lan and my PC running the server, so any help with co-op maps would be great.:smilewink: