Download Corrupted

I tried to install, but dozens of textures turned out to be corrupted. The error message didn't tell me which file was bad, but here are some examples:

world/bazar/terrain/vfstextures/landtexturesspring.zip

world/bazar/terrain/vfstextures/volumetex_winter/smallshit_grass.dds

world/bazar/terrain/vpp/nalchik.rn

(and some sort of arial font as well)

Does anyone know which download file contains these entries? I would prefer not to D/L all those gigs again, as the host is miserably slow.

Edited by maturin

And since each of us can download each file only once, I'm boned unless a developer can hook me up with the username or password necessary to download a second copy. Please don't make me go looking for a 2GB pen drive just so I can get around this joke of a security feature.

Whatever gave you the idea you could only download once?

You can download as many times as you like :)

When a server asks for username and password, that's just the server being overloaded.

You can download without even being logged in, download as much as you like.

If you want to protect against file corruption, the easiest method is to use torrent - it has automatic hash-checks for that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Oh, it's working now.

I guess it was just probability playing tricks on me, where the server was only overloaded the 2nd time I clicked on each file, and never the 1st. OP edited for the more pressing question.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=18&end_pos=135&lang=en

See the "MD5" entries. You can use an MD5 hash-checker on the files you have to see which one is corrupted. You should get exactly the same value as listed for that file on the download page.

This program should work: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/MD5-Check-Download-75154.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester