P-51 Disappears With New Update

fbass

I downloaded the new DCS World update. The install went as advertised. I executed DCS World which previously provided access to the P-51. Now, however, I get the following:

On the left side of the main screen there is a small scrollable window containing text info. At the bottom of this screen there are icons for the P-51, A-10C, Black Shark, Small Arms, and the Flanker.

Except for the Flanker, all the icons have a "purchase" button - including the P-51. Now, I have already purchased the P-51 (beta), the A-10, and the Shark (both versions). The Flanker icon does not have a purchase button since I believe it is free with this new update.

First, how do I eliminate the "purchase" requirement for all these aircraft. I've already purchased these and have keys.

Second, how do I get to the P-51. The only aircraft I can access within DCS World is the Flanker. All my other aircraft are accessed via the previous installations via shortcuts on my desktop. I don't go through DCS World.

Thanks.

Frank

You have to download and install the individual modules of the aircraft you own.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=136&scr=products&lang=en

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Seriously, I have download and re-install every aircraft I own. Does that also mean I have uninstall everything, including DCS World, in order to get my aircraft back. Wow, I would not call that progress. The total amount of download time for all of that is ridiculous.

Except for the fact that I can no longer access my P-51 (that I paid for) I'm thinking that I don't need DCS World if I have to go through all of that. This is starting to look like the developer had little planning involved with this update of DCS World plus P-51. There doesn't appear to be any regard for all the customers who previously purchased and installed DCS products.

Not very impressive guys.

Not trying to be confrontational... but it sounds like you did something wrong.

Here's what I did:

*Uninstall DCS world

*downloaded DCS 1.2.0, P51 module, a10 module, bs2 module

*waited a million hours for the download :D

*Installed DCS world 1.2.0

*ran the exe for the various modules I own

*Had a blast

There was no need to re-enter serial numbers or anything like that, so I'm not sure where you wen't wrong.

EDIT: I think the torrent link for DCS world was broken when the combined arms patch was released, you should check to see that you actually dowloaded DCS world version 1.2.0. That might be your problem

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

The process is somewhat confuscated now. Bear in mind that it is a beta though. I'm sure it will be more streamlined once the product is live. Otherwise, I wouldn't like to work on the support hotline by then. :)

I didn't have to uninstall anything. I just made a clean install, starting with DCS:World and then adding the modules I own and DCS:CA on top of that. No issues at all, apart from it nagging me about a key for CA. (Probably shouldn't have installed that one prior to buying it... which I find it hard to seriously object to.)

I'm starting through the desktop shortcut to the latest version of DCS:World, as created by the installer, or the start menu DCS:World for MP.

Did you reinstall the DCS: P-51 module after making a full fresh install of the new version of DCS:World?

Seriously, I have download and re-install every aircraft I own. Does that also mean I have uninstall everything, including DCS World, in order to get my aircraft back. Wow, I would not call that progress. The total amount of download time for all of that is ridiculous.

Except for the fact that I can no longer access my P-51 (that I paid for) I'm thinking that I don't need DCS World if I have to go through all of that. This is starting to look like the developer had little planning involved with this update of DCS World plus P-51. There doesn't appear to be any regard for all the customers who previously purchased and installed DCS products.

How do you expect updated versions to get onto your system - magic ?

By all means - stick with v1.1.1.1 of A10C and BS2 (and 1.02 of BS1 if you have it). :thumbup:

If you want to run v1.2.0 of any of those then download the new modules and install them - you don't have to pay again and they are MUCH smaller than the DCS World v1.2.0 that you have just downloaded.

Every aircraft you own is 3 at most and comes to 1/3 of the download size of DCS World - let's not get carried away here. ;)

Just so you can update your memory - DCS P51 has always required a downloaded module to play - last time you grabbed it from the same page as DCS World (so that people didn't forget that they needed DCS World to run it) - now it's on it's own page and is 175Mb to download.

Martin...

Edited by Executioner
I was wrong - it's 175Mb, not "just over 100Mb"

The process is somewhat confuscated now. Bear in mind that it is a beta though. I'm sure it will be more streamlined once the product is live. Otherwise, I wouldn't like to work on the support hotline by then. :)

Unfortunately I think "Install DCSW - then install each latest module" is about as streamlined as you're gonna get :)

Sometimes that might be as simple as a patch for DCSW - other times it may be a patch for one of the modules - often both.

Martin...

Unfortunately I think "Install DCSW - then install each latest module" is about as streamlined as you're gonna get :)

It is cumbersome - there are plans to change the process significantly in the future.

@Executioner: :harhar:

Just kidding, mate. :beer:

I guess everyone's different but I found it straight forward . Install DCSW, after that, install the 19.98MB CA, install the 174.42MB P51, install the 734.25MB A10. Did not take long at all. Maybe I should get BS:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

I dont think its gonna be common practice to have to uninstall DCS World and reinstall an updated one (hopefully anyway). Its only DCS world that's a painfully big download, made all the worse for having needing multiple tries to get an uncorrupted set.. What is a pain is that i've got to dig out my BS1 box and install that temporarily while i install my BS2 1.2.0 upgrade module. I'd like it if there was a system were ,via our store account, we could submit our BS1 and a BS2upgrade serial numbers and be issued with a single BS2full version serial. This would then invalidate my BS1 serial but i'll never go back to that now anyway.

OK, OK, OK - No more "hate mail." :-)

I uninstalled everything, re-downloaded the new DCS World modules (aircraft), and installed everything. The new DCS World main screen showed all my aircraft including the P-51. I didn't have to repurchase anything. So, it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I want to apologize to everyone at Eagle Dynamics. I'm very sorry. I completely misunderstood the whole purpose of the "World" module and the individual parts (aircraft). Perhaps there was some explanation about the new design but I did not see it.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Frank

• Like 1

OK, OK, OK - No more "hate mail." :-)

I uninstalled everything, re-downloaded the new DCS World modules (aircraft), and installed everything. The new DCS World main screen showed all my aircraft including the P-51. I didn't have to repurchase anything. So, it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Frank

Are you still here ??? Shouldn't you be off playing with all these lovely new toys you now have ;)

Martin...