Fresh Windoze instal, what must I save?

Vlerkies

Hi

I was trying to ghost my current C: drive to a new SSD, but inevitably things went a little pear shaped.

I will try and fix it but patience is running thin hehe.

My 1.1.1.1 instal and C: drive still work but if I cant get the other one to ghost properly today I will just reinstall windoze fresh on the SSD and start from scratch.

I want to back up my settings for A-10 so that when I instal it again on the SSD I can just replace the new files with the old config/settings that I used.

Can you folks tell me which files i must backup please?

Also, can I use the same config file with the settings for the 1.2.0 DCS World and DCS A10 instal, which I will also instal on the new SSD?

Thanks

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Can you folks tell me which files i must backup please?

For me (DCS world under win 7) it is in C:\Users\__my_username__\Saved Games\DCS

Also, can I use the same config file with the settings for the 1.2.0 DCS World and DCS A10 instal, which I will also instal on the new SSD?

I think I do not understand your question, but one thing for sure: you can't migrate your settings from 1.1.1.x to 1.2... you have to reconfigure from scratch after installing 1.2.0.

If you reinstall from scratch, you might want to avoid wasting one activation... please read about "deactivation" here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/activate/ So first deactivate, then format / reinstall from scratch...

[url=http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/activate/][/url]

• Like 1

Thx 0xBlb

You understood correctly, was wondering if the settings file was universal between 1.1.1.1 and the 1.2.0 versions, which you clearly say it isn't. Thx

So I just copy my Saved games DCS folder for the 1.1.1.1 instal.

Thanks for the link about de activation, that is most useful.

:thumbup:

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

I'm back :(

Ok so I did a fresh instal of Win7 and DCS 1.1.1.1 on the new ssd drive.

I still have my old C:drive untouched, just unplugged.

I have tried with little success to copy across my in game hotas setup to the new instal.

I dont run target or anything like that.

If I boot from the old C: drive the sim runs as expected and my profile/axis curves are all there.

What I have tried is so far

1. Copy the saved games folder to the mirror ssd directory, nojoy

2. On the old drive, gone into options and sim controls, clicked there and saved (working) profile to default directory. Copied that saved profile across and loaded it on the new ssd DCS instal in control options. For some reason though my hotas joystick axis's disappear.

3. Copied the whole old DCS instal folder in my programs overwritting the new instal files to the new drive, still nadda.

Crazy, what am I doing wrong, or is it possible to retain the fine tuned axis settings and general control setup.

Type in the exact location you are copying to.

I'm not sure if the axis settings carry over or not, I have always just re-tuned them by hand. I keep my adjustments written down on notepad so I don't have to remember my settings.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Its a win 7 64bit instal so the default folders for that, sorry not at home now but trust me it mirrors the original instal perfectly both in the program files folder, and the c/user/saved games/dcs (or something) folder as well

I also suspect the axis settings are not transeferable to be honest.

I will just start from scratch, irritating though as it took ages to get to that point.

I'm back :(

Ok so I did a fresh instal of Win7 and DCS 1.1.1.1 on the new ssd drive.

I still have my old C:drive untouched, just unplugged.

I have tried with little success to copy across my in game hotas setup to the new instal.

I dont run target or anything like that.

If I boot from the old C: drive the sim runs as expected and my profile/axis curves are all there.

What I have tried is so far

1. Copy the saved games folder to the mirror ssd directory, nojoy

2. On the old drive, gone into options and sim controls, clicked there and saved (working) profile to default directory. Copied that saved profile across and loaded it on the new ssd DCS instal in control options. For some reason though my hotas joystick axis's disappear.

3. Copied the whole old DCS instal folder in my programs overwritting the new instal files to the new drive, still nadda.

Crazy, what am I doing wrong, or is it possible to retain the fine tuned axis settings and general control setup.

As far as i know you cant copy the hotas settings from 1.1.1.1 to 1.2.0 so you need to reconfigure the hard way to get everything running in DCS World :)

Understand 1.1.1.1 to 1.2.0

however, I am trying to copy the old 1.1.1.1 settings/curves/etc into a fresh 1.1.1.1 instal, either im doing something dumb or its not possible.

thx

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to harp on this but,

Using the same version of the sim, V1.1.1.1

Has anyone ever done a fresh instal and succesfully managed to save their control settings and import them into the new instal?

I have a fresh instal, still have the other instal on a spare drive, and nothing I do seems to use the old configs.

I have overwriting the Saved Games folder on the fresh instal with the old one - in options and in game the configs remain default

I have doen this and overwriting the whole instal folder in the program files in its entirety = same result.

How is it possible?

A simple check is the trim setting which has a modifer by default, this is removed in the original instal along with a myriad of other changed settings.

Where is the sim picking up the key configs, there must be another directory somewhere but i cant find it.

Edited by Vlerkies

I have not tried to do this, but as far as I can remember from reading things about importing settings here and there, is that you have to import them in the controls screen. Click on load profile and then select your old profile from someplace on your drive. Beyond that, I have no idea. Hope it helps.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612