p51 - custom fuel tank or gun ammo quantity

blackgold

I'm trying to build a mission with specific and unequal quantities of fuel and ammo in the guns for the p51. From what I understand whenever you assign a fuel quantity it's always balanced between the main tanks and then to the back tank when they're full. I would like to specify the quantity in each tank rather than have it auto balance. Same with the guns, since each has it's own supply. Further, can drop tanks be set to have a specific quantity, rather than start full?

Assuming you are trying to setup some type of 'in progress' scenario is the reason for doing this. Pilots would have tried to keep fuel levels balanced as much as possible. Regarding the guns, they use ammo at the same rate unless something is wrong with them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

More or less, yes. With the guns it's more of a hypothetical question. It's possible a gun could freeze then later unfreeze with the heater or lower temperatures, ect, I just figured, if you could set specific tank levels, I should ask about guns.

• ED Team

The fuselage tank was added as an additional. Filling it you move CG aft making the plane less stable and prone to over G and stall. If you fill it without filling main tanks the CG moves aft more and the plane becomes a real pig.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
Indeed, and one reason I'd like to specify fuel amounts is practice under different flying conditions without consuming a few hours worth of fuel first.

We can implement leaks from the certain tank instead. In the failures list.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me