I need some opinions on display options

Here are my computer specs:

Intel i5-3570K OC'd to around 4.3Ghz

Intel Z77K Extreme board

8GB Vengeance

GTX 670 FTW edition

The GTX670 has three display outputs on the back. Currently I have two 38" TVs, but only one setup as a monitor. The TV's are horrible PPI, so I have been leaning towards getting a smaller, high PPI screen. I have a couple options here as I have a bit of extra money now... Should I:

1) Setup the two monitors as side by side dual screen. But have a huge black strip through the center (the tv's are thick edged)

2) Invest in a triple screen (21"-27" maybe?) and try to mount them or place them on my desk somehow

3) Just stick with single tv. But get two small screens to export the two screens from the cockpit. I don't know how I would position the screens to not be in the way of the main display.

Thoughts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel DZ77GA70K Extreme Board | Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 4.6GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW Edition | Corsair Hydro Series H60

Corsair Enthusiast Series 750W | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 | Corsair Obsidian Series 550D | Triple Acer 27" 2ms 5760x1080

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cyborg M.M.O.7 | Razor BlackWidow Ultimate | TrackIR 4

1) Setup the two monitors as side by side dual screen. But have a huge black strip through the center (the tv's are thick edged)

Just imagine your A-10C pipper cut in half and with that big black strip in between! Forget about this...

2) Invest in a triple screen (21"-27" maybe?) and try to mount them or place them on my desk somehow

considering that you have a pretty decent machine this could be a good option if you have the budget! But, driving three monitor will hurt your FPS... I'm running 3x22"@1080p and my poor rig (see my signature) cries when I fire DCS.

3) Just stick with single tv. But get two small screens to export the two screens from the cockpit. I don't know how I would position the screens to not be in the way of the main display.

Thoughts?

If your really hate your current monitor then I would say change it, and if it happends to be one of those HDTV@720p then do yourself a favor throw it out the window...

In the end its just personal preference but please allow me to refer you to this reply thumbup.gif

BTW you didn't specify if you own a TrackIR device... if you don't have one then I would recommend that you invest some money on acquiring one, you won't regret it...

Regards

Edited by fzfq3m

Compuer Specs

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @2.6Ghz

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

6GB Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

2xHP 300GB 10K SAS RAID 1

Corsair AX1200

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3GB

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

2xSwiftech MCP655 with EK D5 Dual Top

1xBlack Ice GT S 360 XFlow

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Tubing:Tygon 2001 1/2"

2xBitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm

Swiftech MCres Rev1

Pushing three with that GPU will be harder, but See my Sig for my set up!!! Dell ultra sharps are good, 24, 27 or 31 inch for main View, but expensive compared to a TV!! Good Luck:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book: