Problems with virtual monitor

RaXha

I'm having some problems with creating a virtual display using DFMirage as described in this thread.

I have my main (real) display connected to the DisplayPort connector on my videocard (a HD 7970).

I can create a virtual monitor just fine, the problem is that when i select extend monitors the vitual monitor is the one that is set as primary and thus gets all the desktop icons, causing me to not being able to actually use the computer at all since i have no idea what im doing...

This is the settings i try to use:

display.jpg

This is a print screen i managed to take just after i hit apply. The strange thing here is that the things that is shown on my display is the part to the right, even though the part to the left should be shown acording to the settings.

strange.jpg

It doesnt matter what connector I'm using except i can't use DVI since then i cant emulate a VGA port, most likelöy since my videocard only has one VGA capable port and that is the single DVI port.

So essentially my problem is that i have two monitors connected, one of which i cant see (VGA), and one that is placed on my desk (Displayport), and for some reason the one that is on my desk is by default selected as the secondary display. This causes problems since windows explorer and all full screen programs are by default run on the primaru display.

Any thoughts?

Edited by RaXha