Pausing units without disabling Group/Unit AI

Adi

Hi

I have a scenario where I am trying to halt three Blue HMMWVs until two enemy groups have been destroyed, then they can proceed.

These particular vehicles are acting as JTAC units, they will be spotting those two groups, so I cannot use the Disable Group AI command.

How is this best done?

Cheers

Adi.

Edited by Adi

Triggered Actions> Hold

Each time you want the group to stop you use the action AI Task>(groupname, hold) and the group will stop in place.

Alternatively the "Stop and Deploy to Template" might also do the trick, however I do not remember if the AI will resume their path once they get in the template.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Triggered Actions> Hold

Each time you want the group to stop you use the action AI Task>(groupname, hold) and the group will stop in place.

Alternatively the "Stop and Deploy to Template" might also do the trick, however I do not remember if the AI will resume their path once they get in the template.

Cheers for the reply, Grimes.

How do I get them to move again after the two groups have been killed?

I've tried adding a GROUP ALIVE condition to the [AI Task > Hold] Action, but because it is activated when in a Trigger Zone, as part of another condition, I can't get them to set off again.

Can I remove a Trigger Zone after it has been used or is there another way to make them move again?

Sorry, I'm having a brain fart - I've been away for a while. :doh:

In conditions-unit dead, select unit.....actions-group active, select group. I think

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

In conditions-unit dead, select unit.....actions-group active, select group. I think

I think the 'group activate' action only spawns pre-placed units from ticking the 'late activation' box in the editor. The group I'm having trouble with are already in-game and have their AI on.

Going on Grimes info, give Triggered Actions > Start a try. I know that works with uncontrolled aircraft.

I couldn't find this option, maybe it is only available with aircraft and/or uncontrolled AI, like ramp clutter.

I bet there is an easy way of doing it and I just can't see for looking.

Grimes is there issues with predator and Ir pointer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...