Audio Engine Question

neroroxxx

Hi guys, if any of you know this please help me out.

When a message is created, like your wingman saying "2, roger" the audio files are put together like "2-bright.wav roger.wav" to make the sound of your wingman saying that phrase.

My questions are:

does the audio engine add a silence when there's a comma? if so, what's the length?

are all audio files overlapped or is the next file started as soon as the previous one has ended?

when a say your wingman answers you with something like "2, roger" is there a way to loop a sound behind the phrase?

are the messages generated thru LUA code or a DLL? if by LUA, where would i be able to edit the phrases, for example If i wanted the text for "2, roger" to show up instead as "2, gigidy" (silly example) where can I change that?

My goal is to make new Wingmen, ATC and AWACS voices, so far I have a female wingman voice done and i'm tweaking it for it to sound very clean and realistic.

I hope my post makes sense.

Thank you in advance.

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

use notepad++ and search all LUAs in DCSW folder for "ROGER"

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

wasnt Rifle already in there some where?

I wanna add "do some of that pilot *&@*"

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs