Problem with "Takeoff and Handling" in DCS World

the_korben

Hi everyone!

I have encountered a strange problem with the "Takeoff and Handling" training mission for the A10C in the DCS World environment. Everything works fine until right after takeoff, as I'm approaching the 5000 ft and leveling out. The instructor then says "Flying over water can be disorienting, so let's turn inland. Turn right to 040." but when I follow his suggestion there is no more reaction from the instructor - like a script bug or something. I can keep flying towards the next waypoint and do my thing, but the training mission does not advance.

Now, I remember flying this mission in the A10C standalone program without any problem. I'm pretty sure that I'm not doing anything wrong (i.e., there are no constraints on the flight speed or anything at that point).

I only installed DCS World a few days ago, so I do have the newest version of everything. Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong? I have searched the forums and the internet extensively, but it seems I'm the only one having that problem. Can someone maybe try to reproduce the issue on their machine?

Thanks a lot,

the_korben

• 1 month later...

try http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/250461/

see if this helps, there was a heading trigger issue, which hasn't been patched as yet I believe.

HTH

• Like 1

Best Regards

Nigel

AKA Rubberduck

My Dad- Always check for paper before sitting down....:music_whistling:

Win7 64bBit,Intel® Core i7x4-3820 (3.6GHz), ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79, INTEL CERTIFIED LIQUID COOLING

16GB DDR3 2400MHz, NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 680 4GB, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK

BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES, AeroCool Touch 2000 LCD Touch Screen 4 Fan Controller

Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio, Hotas WH, Saitek Pro-Flight Pedals & Cougar MFD's