Hidden on map

BRooDJeRo

I seem to have a problem with the 'hidden no map' feature. Shouldnt this vehicle setting override any other visual setting avoid it to be shown on the map for example tactical difficulty reasons?

This was working before, but yes things change, am i doing something wrong or is it confirmed not working as intended?

I included an example mission CA, red and blue next to eachother, two vehicles on each side with one of each the 'hidden on map' feature activated.

I can still see all vehicles on the map when the mission is started in single player mode or entered as a mission on a hosted server.

I seem to have a problem with the 'hidden no map' feature. Shouldnt this vehicle setting override any other visual setting avoid it to be shown on the map for example tactical difficulty reasons?

This was working before, but yes things change, am i doing something wrong or is it confirmed not working as intended?

I included an example mission CA, red and blue next to eachother, two vehicles on each side with one of each the 'hidden on map' feature activated.

I can still see all vehicles on the map when the mission is started in single player mode or entered as a mission on a hosted server.

The 'hidden on map' is only to de-clutter the ME map. The option you are looking for is in the main options page, along with 'fog of war', etc.

I understand what youre trying to say, thats not what i mean though.

I want it to show everything on the map, exept for lets say buildings, static objects.

They still show up when you enter CA or another vehicle on the same side. That shouldnt be happening as i recall. Its a way to get rid of map polution while showing everything.

The extra missionmap setting are optional mission settings.

When you set up a mission without boundries for the map so everything show, you have that setting 'hidden on map' that overrides every other setting first before any extra map settings are set which come under it.

This feature kind of borked up here when the feature 'enter by player' was implemented.

It still works for the red side when your blue or viseversa, once youre blue and look at the blue side map, all the hidden features apear on the map.

Perhaps this is slightly more advanced in terms of missioncreating or not even that important compared to more urgent crash bugs. Depending on the missionrelevance it is not a direct party-pooper. Its more slightly disturbing in the corner of your eye when you want to create a correctly presented homebrew mission open to the general public of the world, but have a map with items stacked up in one place that have no need to be shown.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

Yes, hidden on map should over-ride fog of war visibility.

However, 1.2.2 brings a vast change for the better: if you are a ground commander, hidden on map does not over-ride the visibility of units you might potentially command on the F10 map.

So hidden on map will only over-ride the visibility of units on the F10 map if you are an aircraft flyer/spectator.

Your mistake is that you are using red and blue GAME MASTERs. Game masters as just what their name implies- they can control everything. Hence, they can see everything, enemy and friendly, regardless of whether or not those units are hidden. This is as it should be.

If you want to have a blue/red forces commander that can only see their own coalition's forces (when all units are hidden), use the GROUND FORCE CM. slot.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Aha!

Yes you are right that the CA setting of the testmiz is on Master, but normaly its on GROUND FORCE CM. It was more intended as a quickfile for fool around in, i made a mistake while testing in that file by not reverting the setting back GFC.

Im still used to using the hidden function for turning on and off vehicles for CA and like said before to clear unwanted items from the map.

Ive indeed noticed that hidden items only can be seen when you join a side and you also only see all the items on your side, not of the enemys.

So basicly you confirm what i see and is different. Thank you for the response. I kind of knew some things in aproach of settings might be changed. Just wasnt sure.

Maybe its me and thats ok, but it still raises one itchy question.

Why call an option 'hidden' when it doesnt hide when its actualy the function of the setting? Isnt there now an option 'can be entered by player' to make a vehicle potentialy accesable nstead of the 'hidden' option? thsi means the hidden function can be normaly hidden again.

Perhaps there is no direct answer to it and the way it works right now is just how it ended up.

Still im not fully convinced if the creator of this editor item intended it to still show everything on the same side as CA-dude, included static items when this option is set.

I havent tried it yet, but ill might be looking into the settings of a missionfile and see if it is in the right order in the functions table and see if a full hidden override can be made, although im not sure if that is the right place to do that.

Im also having trouble with not having the 'enter vehicle' button on the map while that option is set for that vehicle. Ive tried everything like recreating vehicles, missions, freshly installed DCS on the main comp and server. Nothing worked, so basicly my CA module isnt usable. In the missioneditor a vehicle can be entered, also as a solomission, however when i load the mission on the server and login to that, its bugged. The server is running DCS world without modules, but it only has to run the mission, not playing it. Module access seems controled on a clientlevel.

I wouldnt be surpised when something isnt fully in the right order making it not functioning properly and has something to do with eachother.

Thx Mr. Speed.

Edited by BRooDJeRo