Missile Awareness Display

towsim

Hi A10 jockeys,

as promised in a thread in the German forum, I can now deliver a Missile Awareness Display as additional Gauge for the A10 cockpit. It is not integrated in the DCS cockpit. It is an own small window, connected to the simulator. It shows the trajectory of SAMs approaching your aircraft. The gauge was developed to find the best counter procedures against SAMs. Since I am a rooky, I leave it to the experts to test out avoidance procedures and probably publish the results here in the forum . The attachment contains a zip file with the MAD system, its documentation and an image of the gauge window. The best test environment seems to be a platoon with a SAM launcher and the simulation switched to immortal. All measures like chaffs, flairs and jamming as well as flight manoeuvres can be tested in a loop. Once installed, it is started automatically together with DCS World as DLL. If troubles come up to run the program, please contact me. But do not contact me if you want to tell me that the average speed of a SAM is 1601 Kts instead of 1600 kts.

Have fun

Mike

A10Panels.zip

MAD.jpg.95cfc86cb034378607f497114f0b965f.jpg

Missile Awareness Display Beta 0.pdf

Edited by towsim
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really cool Mike!

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

@Towsim:

could you check the content of your .zip?

I do not find any documentation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

How and where to install it?

No documentation.

How and where to install it?

Best regards

Windows 10 (64 bits)

Intel® Corei7-3770 CPU@ 3.40GHz 3.40GHZ

32,0 Go Canal-Double DDR3

Moniteur Philips 24 pouces (1920x1080@60Hz)

Moniteur Philips 19b (1280x1024)

2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (NVIDIA)

1024 MoATI AMD Radeon HD 5450 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Track IR 5, Saitek Rudder Pedals Pro, Hotas Warthog

the average speed of a SAM is 1601 Kts instead of 1600 kts?

:D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Now that would be a cool invention... let's celebrate the missile awareness day together :thumbup:

I'll bring some phosphorus torches and aluminium foil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

Now that would be a cool invention... let's celebrate the missile awareness day together :thumbup:

I'll bring some phosphorus torches and aluminium foil

:megalol::lol: ROFL

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.