DCS User Support delayed response. Can't install BS2 module as BS1 won't install.

Fixer

Long winded title. Sorry. Purchased BS years ago and recently purchased BS2 upgrade to that. Also have A-10C. All worked fine prior to DCS World. Now installed DCS World. A-10C module works perfectly. Attempt to install BS2 upgrade module and am instructed to install BS. It was uninstalled a long time ago. Cannot install BS even with fresh downloaded files from DCS website. Get the following error: Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes are incomplete download or damaged media. Never had that before with any other software. Repeatedly redownloaded the file but always the same error. Can't install BS and therefore can't install BS2 upgrade. Any suggestions? Searched the forums and did not find anything related. User support has acknowledged my trouble ticket but haven't heard back in over week. Not the end of the world by any means but I would like to get this working properly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Try starting the setup.exe as an administrator (right click on the icon and select "Run as administrator".) You might try checking the MD5 hash on the files you downloaded to make sure they match what the site says they should be ( http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=4&end_pos=135&lang=en ), or else just use the torrent link to download them which should insure the files download correctly.

Thanks for the suggestions. I always run or install software as 'run as administrator' but it didn't help in this case. I will try the torrent link as you suggest but can't imagine why the DCS links would be bad. Hoping I don't have to repurchase BS2 but love the DCS products. Thanks agian.

Question, semi related:

Friend of mine just bought me the upgrade version of BS2 since I already have BS1. BS2 won't install without BS1 being on my computer obviously but its a whole 5 gigs or so, so can I just delete BS1 now that I have BS2 installed or will this invalidate my DCS World BS2?

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.