v1.02 cockpit view problem

Followup: Never mind, I figured it out! I just needed to set CockpitMouse=true in cockpit.lua and set MouseCockpit=1 in View.cfg.

Hey guys,

I had a lengthy hiatus from lock-on, and have only recently upgraded to v1.02 (3 patches from ubisoft website). Here is my issue as follows:

Before patches:

-laptop trackpad used to look around/zoom inside the cockpit.

-unable to look around/zoom in external views.

After patches:

-unable to look around/zoom inside of cockpit.

-able to look around/zoom in external views.

Further Info:

-Windows 7 on a partition on a macbook pro, so no numpad.

-No joystick at the moment, so no hat switches.

-I don't use the trackpad to click inside the cockpit, just look around/zoom.

-I tried accessing the mouse pointer, but it didn't work. I never tried it before the patches, so I don't know if this was working before.

I don't really care about the external views, but not being able to look around the cockpit is problematic. I have tried all possible mouse axis settings in the Options, but no success. I'm not willing to start changing values in the code without guidance. I couldn't find this problem mentioned in any old threads. If this problem can't be solved, is there a way to remove the patches? I can sacrifice realism for convenience if need be (To a degree, I still want to play lock-on!).

Thank you for your time.

Edited by trephine

• 6 months later...

I have a little problem with the cockpit. I have just re-installed Loock-oc gold flaming cliffs for the third time and still have the same issue. When I start any aircraft I get this,

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/kyearber/ScreenShot_001_zps424c5240.jpg

In the F-15 and the A-10's the cockpit will show up after 3 to 10 mins

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/kyearber/ScreenShot_012_zps4bbbf4c6.jpg

I've tried with and with out updates. My PC is built around the Crysis games and I run the all on high,

Windows 7 64 bit

Radon HD7770

16GB Ram

I5 4 core processor

2 1 TB hard drives

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Install:

Latest drivers for your GPU

Latest DirectX

After that, get all options in Catalyst Control Panel to default.

Try to play then. Tell us did it help.

If that doesn't solve the problem - install the sim into another path and try then.

Your machine does not render some textures either because it's missing, or your GPU drivers and/or settings prevent the game from loading it.

Take note of the fact that if your texture files are corrupted and you reinstall the game in the same path again - they might stay and not be overwritten by the new installation.

Edited by Hotarubi

Thanks for the reply,

my GPU was updated yesterday (set to auto update) and it is still at the default ( along with Catalyst control panel) settings since they worked so well with Crysis 1, 2 & 3. All with the same problems. I'll try UN-installing and then I'll install on to another drive altogether and see what happens. Do you know why the cockpit shows up after a few mins of flight?

Update: OK I feel a little dumb this morning, I went back and checked something I never messed with in Catalyst, 3D Settings. Never occurred to me even though I never messed with it, I set it down one notch and bingo cockpits all work fine. Thanks for the help Hotarubi

Edited by wizard1