installing on Win XP x64 SP2

amessh

I have been trying to install DCS successfully on Window XP x64 SP2. I follow the instructions exactly. installing DCS, Directx9c & and the 2010 C++ re-distribution. after installation when I attempt to run the CMD window flashes up for a second and shuts down and nothing!

what are the other details missing from this install. Which version of the re-distro is required Win 32 or Win 64.

Thanks for any help!

Amessh

SOBEK,

the install completed without error, so I assume the install was complete.

which verison of Win XP x64 is it compatible with.

Tango,

I did not see a link to the 64 bit version. I hate Win 7,

I have gotten farther with the Win 32 ( Win XP SP3), but when I launch into Instant Action with the free demo the video eventually freezes before it comes up.

I have seen other posts on running on Win XP x64 SP2.

amessh

I run Win 7 and I'm not kidding when I say perf in games is higher than under XP (sad but true :P ).

Not sure why it is failing to run on Win XP 64-bit - to my knowledge it is basically the same as Vista/7 sharing 99% of the fuctions but without the bloat.

Best regards,

Tango.

According to the download page for Visual C++ 2010 redist. it requires SP3 on Windows XP.

Tango,

I did not see a link to the 64 bit version

There is only one installer (for both x86 & x64). The installer automatically installs the x64 version of DCS when the OS is x64.

Tango,

I believe you, I have Win 7 on two computers at work, I just don't like the desktop, I prefer the XP interface. XP is much better for developers. Linux is even better for performance, less junk running in the background.

I develope A/C simulation for USAF on both x86 & x64 platforms using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 C++. The problem I am having is similar to when the app is missing support lib's, but there is no error message.

ALDEGA,

so if I understand you, the DCS World installer will install the appropriate DCS version for the platform, x86 or x64, and the appropriate version of Visual C++ redist.

if I can't find someone who has done the same successfully I may have to break down and get Win 7 x64.

thanks for your help!

amessh

I develope A/C simulation for USAF on both x86 & x64 platforms using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 C++. The problem I am having is similar to when the app is missing support lib's, but there is no error message.
Does the system that you're trying to run DCS on have Visual Studio 2010 installed? If a library is missing, you can check this using a tool like Dependency Walker.

so if I understand you, the DCS World installer will install the appropriate DCS version for the platform, x86 or x64, and the appropriate version of Visual C++ redist.
Correct.

Can you verify that the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable was installed correctly on your XP SP2 x64 system? Perhaps manually install it? --> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

if I can't find someone who has done the same successfully I may have to break down and get Win 7 x64.
I'd recommend this.