Activating units using SSE?

Modulus

Is there a way to activate units using the scripting engine?

Basically I want to place a bunch of units on the map with "late activation" enabled, then have a script that activates them one by one after the previous active unit was destroyed (without manually setting up a bunch of triggers).

Also I'm having some trouble figuring out the SSE and how to use it. I've read through the documentation, but it wasn't enough to really give me the big picture. What's the best way to pick this up?

It's hard to "poke the box" with the limited visibility into the scripting engine, and when each time I want to try something it takes minutes to load up the game to run the script.

Thanks!

There is no group activate command with the scripting engine.

The nearest thing I can think of is is the "Start" command for alive but "uncontrolled" air units. Its not on the wiki, but its supposed to work. I'll research what the exact command for it is.

As for using it, the whole thing is pretty new and content hasn't really come out yet to show off what it can do. Speed and I created Mist (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616) but that is more of the tools to help create something cool.

It is possible to create something similar to what you want, but it fundamentally works differently. I actually have it WIP that will be released once the 1.2.3 patch is out. I still have to add a trigger for each group I want to activate, but I make the script do the rest of the work. Basically there are a bunch of "Flag x = true> activate group y" triggers. I use a script to search for group names/ids found in triggers, also keywords found in the group name identify what type of group it is for sorting purposes. When the conditions are right to spawn a new group, it will set the groups corresponding flag to the needed value, thus the triggers will spawn the group.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

In the sense of modifying the trigger list, no you can't. However most trigger conditions/actions can be done in LUA with the SSE so it is possible to create something like triggers dynamically.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum