What's the best way to break into multi-player?

pbpullman

I've spent the last year and a half learning the DCS A-10c and her systems, flying other's missions, creating my own missions, and now I think I've reached a level of proficiency that I'm ready to try it. Can someone suggest the best way to start? I do see a list of servers and squadrons on this page, but I'm wondering where the best place might be for beginners. Also, will I need any additional client software? Thanks.

Just hop into a busy server and have fun. Or you can hop into a less busy one and see how things go.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Try the 104th's server. That's where I cut my teeth. It's usually very chilled out, friendly and easygoing.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Check out http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/ They tend to host sessions for new players to get acquainted with various aircraft or even the online environment. Their "Tuesday Night Newb Night" is great place to ask questions and get used to multiplayer.

Generally its a good idea to have Teamspeak 3 or Ventrilo installed as many of the public groups have their own VOIP server for people to gather into while they play.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks folks...especially Grimes who has answered many a question I've previously posted. It's not that it took me a year and a half out of difficulty, it's just that I'm gone a lot and can't play that often. I fly a Citation X for a private business in Washington State. No military experience whatsoever. But I'm also a perfectionist a little... so when I join your squadron, I'll be a hell of a wingman!