Fast zoom bug

rssmps

I was in the F-15 mission in the main menu.

using just * / on the num pad, I can zoom without problems.

however using shift+ either * or /, I can only do it once and then the view locks up in that zoom factor. So it is either zoomed all the way out or all the way in. The zoom will not change with any further zoom control keys pressed.

I tried mapping the zoom to different keys and still get the same results.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm patched up to the latest LOFC.

• 3 weeks later...

ok since there is no bloody fix

How can I get my money back?, cuz i don't pay for bugs, if i wanted bugs

i can call my local orkin man to save me some.

this is pathetic

no support what so ever

this game has more bugs than Piccassos got paint.

lmao.......... nevermind its not like there is anything anyone can do. This is the reason there are pirates out there. Spend money what do ya get, major headache. Pirate the game and it probably works fine.

Guest ruggbutt

Sounds like something wrong with your install, or if you've tweaked your config files you've messed something up. Are you trying to zoom with the keyboard or do you have those controls mapped to a joystick utility like Saitek's SST or CH's Control Manager?

Check out this track. The zoom works just fine, and it doesn't lock up. If it locks up when you watch this track, your install is fuxored.

jboy, what's with the temper tantrum?

your right ruggbutt

i am being a child about it, but i have spent 24 hrs + trying to figure this out, i have uninstalled and installed it 3 times trying different ways. 1st using the 1-1.02 patch, then not installing it, then reinstalling it. Right now i am at the 1.1 FC version. and its working a little better, but still a bit jittery, im afriad when i put the seasonal pack in its gonna go haywire.

I have tried unplugging stick still have problem,

i have removed every key command and just left the zoom command in and moved them to different key, still same prob.

I have beat the neighbors dog for crapping in my yard, still same prob(oh different issue). (just a little humor)

i am frustrated. all i want to do is fly with my buds.

hmmm maybe one day

i will check out your little test there

thanks for response

Guest ruggbutt

Just to make sure, when I hit shift * or shift / I get full zoom in-full zoom back. Are you using some kind of joystick software? What I've found is that if you don't remove the keyboard commands from your joystick in the Lock On/Options menu, that there will be interference with the joystick software. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

joysetup.jpg

I unplugged my stick and made sure every command in every menu was removed and only programmed my keyboard for zoom in and out on different keys (k & L) just to see, still same issue. it was working fine till i put in 1.11 patch, so now i have to start all over, i removed it but it didn't make a difference.

i am downloading all the patches agian to see if maybe i have a corruped download in seasons and or 1.11 patch.

I don't know im just tired of it.

maybe ill give up, use disks as coasters and go back to prop planes.

extreamly dissapointed

what a waste of money

Guest ruggbutt

It's something on your end, cuz I'm not seeing the problem. How did my track play? Also, as for patches there are different patches for the d/l version and the CD version.

well your vid played fine

the way i wished the game would play for me

it used to work fine

like i said i am re downloading all the patches to see if that might be the issue

if it doesn't work then i must accept the fact that i have somehow made the lockon gods upset and must find some way of repenting

and if the lockon gods do not wish to find it in their hearts to forgive me then i have a new coaster, high dollar coaster.

when is the last time you paid $20 for 2 costers lol

but anyway wolverine i have replaced and edited every file in the view folder, but to no avail. nothing seems to work, so i guess i will give it up

thanks for trying guys

S!